Can CDFC and MLRP Conditions Be Both Satisfied for a Given Distribution?
In principal-agent problem, the first-order approach is frequently used. To insure the validity of the approach the Monotone Likelihood Ratio Property and the Convexity of the Distribution Function Condition are requested. While the former property is satisfied by most of the distributions, this is not the case for the second property. We present two families of distributions for which the properties are satisfied. The first family includes as special cases the distributions that were previously introduced by various authors. The second family includes new distributions.
Volume (Year): 7 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Opletalova 26, CZ-110 00 Prague|
Phone: +420 2 222112330
Fax: +420 2 22112304
Web page: http://ies.fsv.cuni.cz/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://auco.cuni.cz/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bagnoli, M. & Bergstrom, T., 1989.
"Log-Concave Probability And Its Applications,"
89-23, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Jewitt, Ian, 1988. "Justifying the First-Order Approach to Principal-Agent Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1177-90, September.
- Carlier, G. & Dana, R.-A., 2005. "Existence and monotonicity of solutions to moral hazard problems," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 826-843, November.
- Rogerson, William P, 1985. "The First-Order Approach to Principal-Agent Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1357-67, November.
- Sanford J Grossman & Oliver D Hart, 2001.
"An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
391749000000000339, David K. Levine.
- Sanford Grossman & Oliver Hart, . "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Sinclair-Desgagne, Bernard, 1994. "The First-Order Approach to Multi-signal Principal-Agent Problems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 459-66, March.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1999. "The Theory of Moral Hazard and Unobservable Behaviour: Part I," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 3-21.
- Marco LiCalzi & Sandrine Spaeter, 2003. "Distributions for the first-order approach to principal-agent problems," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(1), pages 167-173, 01.
- Corrado Benassi, 2011. "A Note on Convex Transformations and the First Order Approach," Working Paper Series 06_11, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:aucocz:au2013_135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Stastna)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.