Foreign Bank Presence and Bank Spreads: Evidence from Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Van Horen, Neeltje, 2007. "Foreign banking in developing countries; origin matters," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 81-105, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Constantinos Stephanou, . "Liberalization of Trade in Financial Services : Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Other Operational Studies, The World Bank, number 6280.
- Akhter, Selim & Daly, Kevin J., 2009. "Finance and poverty: Evidence from fixed effect vector decomposition," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 191-206, September.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Lodh, Suman & Nandy, Monomita, 2017.
"The performance of banks in the MENA region during the global financial crisis,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 583-590.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region During the Global Financial Crisis," CESifo Working Paper Series 5921, CESifo.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Suman Lodh & Monomita Nandy, 2016. "The Performance of Banks in the MENA Region during the Global Financial Crisis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1580, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hryckiewicz, Aneta & Kowalewski, Oskar, 2010. "Economic determinates, financial crisis and entry modes of foreign banks into emerging markets," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 205-228, September.
- Caroline Mehigan, 2016. "Foreign Bank Identity: Does it Matter for Credit Growth?," Trinity Economics Papers tep0716, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Claessens, Stijn & van Horen, Neeltje, 2021. "Foreign banks and trade," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 45(C).
- Vanwalleghem, Dieter & Yildirim, Canan & Mukanya, Anthony, 2020. "Leveraging local knowledge or global advantage: Cross border bank mergers and acquisitions in Africa," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(C).
- Annick Pamen Nyola & Alain Sauviat & Amine Tarazi, 2017. "How Does Regulation Affect the Organizational Form of Banks' Presence in Developing and Developed Countries?," Working Papers hal-01369658, HAL.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje Van Horen, 2014.
"Foreign Banks: Trends and Impact,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 46(s1), pages 295-326, February.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2011. "Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," DNB Working Papers 330, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Pelletier, Adeline, 2018. "Performance of foreign banks in developing countries: Evidence from sub-Saharan African banking markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 292-311.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2014. "EME banking systems and regional financial integration," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 51, June.
- Claessens, Stijn & Hassib, Omar & Van Horen, Neeltje, 2017. "The Role of Foreign Banks in Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 11821, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vogel, Ursula & Winkler, Adalbert, 2010. "Foreign banks and financial stability in emerging markets: Evidence from the global financial crisis," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 149, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Ji Wu & Hosung Lim & Bang Nam Jeon, 2016.
"The Impact of Foreign Banks on Monetary Policy Transmission During the Global Financial Crisis of 2008–2009: Evidence from Korea,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(7), pages 1574-1586, July.
- Bang Nam Jeon & Hosung Lim & Ji Wu, 2014. "The Impact of Foreign Banks on Monetary Policy Transmission during the Global Financial Crisis of 2008-2009: Evidence from Korea," Working Papers 2014-8, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Lim, Hosung & Wu, Ji, 2014. "The impact of foreign banks on monetary policy transmission during the global financial crisis of 2008-2009: Evidence from Korea," School of Economics Working Paper Series 2014-7, LeBow College of Business, Drexel University.
- Brana, Sophie & Lahet, Delphine, 2010.
"La présence de banques étrangères en Europe de l’Est quels risques financiers ?,"
Revue d'études comparatives Est-Ouest, Editions NecPlus, vol. 41(01), pages 35-62, March.
- Sophie Brana & Delphine Lahet, 2009. "La Présence De Banques Étrangères En Europe De L'Est : Quels Risques Financiers ?," Working Papers hal-00616580, HAL.
- Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2011.
"Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability,"
DNB Working Papers
330, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Mr. Stijn Claessens & Neeltje van Horen, 2012. "Foreign Banks: Trends, Impact and Financial Stability," IMF Working Papers 2012/010, International Monetary Fund.
- Célestin Mayoukou & Pierre-Bruno Ruffini -Edehn, 2016. "Multinational banking and microfinance an analysis based on the paradigm "OLI" revisited," Post-Print hal-02350116, HAL.
- Vasile Cocris & Maria-Ramona Sarbu, 2017. "The Structural Evolution Of The Banking System In Romania Under The Impact Of Fdi," Oradea Journal of Business and Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2(1), pages 55-62, March.
- Bank for International Settlements, 2010. "Long-term issues in international banking," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 41, June.
- Kristjanpoller Rodríguez Werner & Saavedra Rodríguez Oscar, 2014. "La eficiencia técnica de los bancos durante la crisis Caso aplicado a la rentabilidad de la banca comercial en México y Chile," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 59(1), pages 95-122, enero-mar.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign banks; Turkey; emerging markets;
All these keywords.
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- N25 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:aucocz:au2011_064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lenka Stastna (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.