Foreign banking in developing countries; origin matters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory P. Nini, 2004. "The value of financial intermediaries: empirical evidence from syndicated loans to emerging market borrowers," International Finance Discussion Papers 820, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "Why is Corruption So Much More Taxing Than Tax? Arbitrariness Kills," NBER Working Papers 6255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Grosse, Robert & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 1991. "Foreign bank activity in the United States: An analysis by country of origin," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1093-1112, December.
- Brealey, R. A. & Kaplanis, E. C., 1996. "The determination of foreign banking location," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 577-597, August.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003.
"Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks,"
Research Department Publications
4313, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003. "Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1443, Inter-American Development Bank.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2005.
"What drives capital flows? The case of cross-border M&A activity and financial deepening,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 127-149, January.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2002. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7nq6d7wp, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Julian di Giovanni & Contact: email@example.com, 2003. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," International Trade 0303002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998.
"The past and future of commercial banking viewed through an incomplete contract lens,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 524-550.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1998. "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 524-550, August.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed Through an Incomplete Contract Lens," CRSP working papers 464, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens," CRSP working papers 337, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Williams, Barry, 1998. "Factors affecting the performance of foreign-owned banks in Australia: A cross-sectional study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Dario Focarelli & Alberto F. Pozzolo, 2000.
"The determinants of cross-border bank shareholdings: an analysis with bank-level data from OECD countries,"
696, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Focarelli, D. & Pozzolo, A.F., 2000. "The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Share holdings: an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries," Papers 381, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Dario Focarelli & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2000. "The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Shareholdings; an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 381, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Buch, Claudia M. & DeLong, Gayle, 2004.
"Cross-border bank mergers: What lures the rare animal?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2077-2102, September.
- DeLong, Gayle L. & Buch, Claudia M., 2001. "Cross-Border Bank Mergers: What Lures the Rare Animal?," Kiel Working Papers 1070, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:8:y:2007:i:2:p:81-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620356 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.