Foreign banking in developing countries; origin matters
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "Why is Corruption So Much More Taxing Than Tax? Arbitrariness Kills," NBER Working Papers 6255, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998.
"Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1900, The World Bank.
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999. "Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Rajan, Raghuram G, 1998.
"The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 524-50, August.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998. "The past and future of commercial banking viewed through an incomplete contract lens," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Aug, pages 524-550.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, . "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed through an Incomplete Contract Lens," CRSP working papers 337, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, . "The Past and Future of Commercial Banking Viewed Through an Incomplete Contract Lens," CRSP working papers 464, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Williams, Barry, 1998. "Factors affecting the performance of foreign-owned banks in Australia: A cross-sectional study," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Dario Focarelli & Alberto Franco Pozzolo, 2000.
"The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Shareholdings; an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
381, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Focarelli, D. & Pozzolo, A.F., 2000. "The Determinants of Cross-Border Bank Share holdings: an Analysis with Bank-Level Data from OECD Countries," Papers 381, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Dario Focarelli & Alberto F. Pozzolo, 2000. "The determinants of cross-border bank shareholdings: an analysis with bank-level data from OECD countries," Proceedings 696, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2005.
"What drives capital flows? The case of cross-border M&A activity and financial deepening,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 127-149, January.
- Julian di Giovanni & Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 2003. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," International Trade 0303002, EconWPA.
- di Giovanni, Julian, 2002. "What Drives Capital Flows? The Case of Cross-Border M&A Activity and Financial Deepening," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt7nq6d7wp, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- Grosse, Robert & Goldberg, Lawrence G., 1991. "Foreign bank activity in the United States: An analysis by country of origin," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1093-1112, December.
- Christian Daude & Ernesto Stein, 2007. "The Quality Of Institutions And Foreign Direct Investment," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 317-344, November.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003.
"Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks,"
Research Department Publications
4313, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arturo Galindo & Alejandro Micco & César Manuel Serra, 2003. "Better the Devil that You Know: Evidence on Entry Costs Faced by Foreign Banks," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6500, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Claudia M. Buch & Gayle L. DeLong, 2001.
"Cross-Border Bank Mergers: What Lures the Rare Animal?,"
Kiel Working Papers
1070, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Buch, Claudia M. & DeLong, Gayle, 2004. "Cross-border bank mergers: What lures the rare animal?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2077-2102, September.
- Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 1998. "A note on the location choice of multinational banks: The case of Japanese financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 109-120, January.
- Gregory P. Nini, 2004. "The value of financial intermediaries: empirical evidence from syndicated loans to emerging market borrowers," International Finance Discussion Papers 820, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Brealey, R. A. & Kaplanis, E. C., 1996. "The determination of foreign banking location," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 577-597, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ememar:v:8:y:2007:i:2:p:81-105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.