Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Financial Performance: Evidence from Listed Banks in Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Garcia-Castro & Miguel Ariño & Miguel Canela, 2010. "Does Social Performance Really Lead to Financial Performance? Accounting for Endogeneity," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 92(1), pages 107-126, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Franck Brulhart & Sandrine Gherra & Bertrand V. Quelin, 2019.
"Do Stakeholder Orientation and Environmental Proactivity Impact Firm Profitability?,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 25-46, August.
- Brulhart, Franck & Gherra, Sandrine & Quelin, Bertrand V., 2017. "Do Stakeholder Orientation and Environmental Proactivity Impact Firm Profitability?," HEC Research Papers Series 1241, HEC Paris.
- Franck Brulhart & Sandrine Gherra & Bertrand Quélin, 2017. "Do Stakeholder Orientation and Environmental Proactivity Impact Firm Profitability?," Post-Print halshs-01708150, HAL.
- Chakraborty, Atreya & Gao, Lucia Silva & Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2019. "Managerial risk taking incentives, corporate social responsibility and firm risk," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 58-72.
- Amal Aouadi & Sylvain Marsat, 2018. "Do ESG Controversies Matter for Firm Value? Evidence from International Data," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 151(4), pages 1027-1047, September.
- Grougiou, Vassiliki & Leventis, Stergios & Dedoulis, Emmanouil & Owusu-Ansah, Stephen, 2014. "Corporate social responsibility and earnings management in U.S. banks," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 155-169.
- Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2018. "Corporate social responsibility, product market competition, and firm value," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 40-55.
- Cui, Yu & Khan, Sufyan Ullah & Li, Zhixue & Zhao, Minjuan, 2021. "Environmental effect, price subsidy and financial performance: Evidence from Chinese new energy enterprises," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 149(C).
- Saurabh Mishra & Sachin Modi, 2013. "Positive and Negative Corporate Social Responsibility, Financial Leverage, and Idiosyncratic Risk," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(2), pages 431-448, October.
- Yusheng Kong & Alex Antwi‐Adjei & Jonas Bawuah, 2020. "A systematic review of the business case for corporate social responsibility and firm performance," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 444-454, March.
- Felipe Hernández-Perlines & Manuel Alejandro Ibarra Cisneros, 2018. "The Role of Environment in Sustainable Entrepreneurial Orientation. The Case of Family Firms," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-16, June.
- Shen, Chung-Hua & Wu, Meng-Wen & Chen, Ting-Hsuan & Fang, Hao, 2016. "To engage or not to engage in corporate social responsibility: Empirical evidence from global banking sector," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 207-225.
- Khurshid Djalilov & Jens Hölscher, 2016. "Comparative Analyses Of The Banking Environment In Transition Countries," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 61(208), pages 7-26, January -.
- O'Higgins, Eleanor & Thevissen, Thibault, 2017. "Revisiting the corporate social and financial performance link: a contingency approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84657, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Erhemjamts, Otgontsetseg & Tehranian, Hassan, 2016. "Greed or good deeds: An examination of the relation between corporate social responsibility and the financial performance of U.S. commercial banks around the financial crisis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 137-159.
- Muhammad Zahid & Haseeb Ur Rahman & Musa Khan & Wajahat Ali & Fazaila Shad, 2020. "Addressing endogeneity by proposing novel instrumental variables in the nexus of sustainability reporting and firm financial performance: A step‐by‐step procedure for non‐experts," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(8), pages 3086-3103, December.
- Sandra Escamilla-Solano & Antonio Fernández-Portillo & Jessica Paule-Vianez & Paola Plaza-Casado, 2019. "Effect of the Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility on Business Profitability. A Dimensional Analysis in the Spanish Stock Market," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(23), pages 1-17, November.
- Réal Labelle & Claude Francoeur & Faten Lakhal, 2015. "To Regulate Or Not To Regulate? Early Evidence on the Means Used Around the World to Promote Gender Diversity in the Boardroom," Gender, Work and Organization, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 339-363, July.
- Bravo, Francisco, 2016. "Forward-looking disclosure and corporate reputation as mechanisms to reduce stock return volatility," Revista de Contabilidad - Spanish Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 122-131.
- María del Mar Miras‐Rodríguez & Amalia Carrasco‐Gallego & Bernabé Escobar‐Pérez, 2015. "Are Socially Responsible Behaviors Paid Off Equally? A Cross‐cultural Analysis," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 22(4), pages 237-256, July.
- Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2018. "CEO power, product market competition and firm value," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 373-386.
- Vastola, Vincenzo & Russo, Angeloantonio & Vurro, Clodia, 2017. "Dealing with Cultural Differences in Environmental Management: Exploring the CEP-CFP Relationship," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 267-275.
More about this item
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:exp:finnce:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:1-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Alin Opreana The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Alin Opreana to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://finance.expertjournals.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.