Social Protection Beyond the Bottom Billion
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Gentilini, Ugo & Omamo, Steven Were, 2011. "Social protection 2.0: Exploring issues, evidence and debates in a globalizing world," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 329-340, June.
- Grootaert, Christiaan & Kanbur, Ravi & Gi-Taik Oh, 1995. "The dynamics of poverty : why some people escape from poverty and others don't - an African case study," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1499, The World Bank.
- Frank Ellis & Stephen Devereux & Phillip White, 2009. "Social Protection in Africa," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13393.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Markets and Freedoms: Achievements and Limitations of the Market Mechanism in Promoting Individual Freedoms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 519-541, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abdelillah Hamdouch & Marc-Hubert Depret, 2005. "Carences institutionnelles et rationnement de l'accès à la santé dans les pays en développement : repères et enjeux," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 131(3), pages 11-28.
- Romanus Osabohien & Oluwatoyin Matthew & Precious Ohalete & Evans Osabuohien, 0. "Population–Poverty–Inequality Nexus and Social Protection in Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-24.
- Itai Sher, 0. "Neutral freedom and freedom as control," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 0, pages 1-36.
- Suzumura, Kotaro & Xu, Yongsheng, 2001.
"Characterizations of Consequentialism and Nonconsequentialism,"
Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 423-436, December.
- Kotaro Suzumura & Yongsheng Xu, 1999. "Characterizations of Consenquentialism and Non-consequentialism," Discussion Paper Series a365, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Suzumura, Kotaro & Xu, Yongsheng, 2000. "Characterizations of Consequentialism and Non-consequentialism," Discussion Paper 3, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Vizard, Polly, 2005. "The contributions of Professor Amartya Sen in the field of human rights," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6273, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Bossuyt, Anne & Pigois, Remy, 2017. "Complementarities between social protection and health sector policies: Evidence from the Productive Safety Net Program in Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Gressel, Christie M. & Rashed, Tarek & Maciuika, Laura Aswati & Sheshadri, Srividya & Coley, Christopher & Kongeseri, Sreeram & Bhavani, Rao R, 2020. "Vulnerability mapping: A conceptual framework towards a context-based approach to women’s empowerment," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 20(C).
- Sophie Song and Katsushi S. Imai, 2018.
"Does the Hunger Safety Net Programme Reduce Multidimensional Poverty? Evidence from Kenya,"
OPHI Working Papers
ophiwp124.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Sophie Song and Katsushi S. Imai, 2019. "Does the Hunger Safety Net Programme Reduce Multidimensional Poverty? Evidence from Kenya," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp125.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Francesco Farina & Stefania Ottone & Ferrucio Ponzano, 2015. "What kind of Welfare State do you prefer? An experiment on framing the social insurance scheme," Working Papers 295, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2015.
- repec:nam:befdwp:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin van Hees, 1998. "On the Analysis of Negative Freedom," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 175-197, October.
- Nicolai Suppa, 2021.
"Walls of glass. Measuring deprivation in social participation,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 19(2), pages 385-411, June.
- Nicolai Suppa, 2018. "Walls of Glass: Measuring Deprivation in Social Participation," OPHI Working Papers 117, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Nicolai Suppa, 2018. "Walls of Glass: Measuring Deprivation in Social Participation," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 998, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Nicolai Suppa, 2016. "Comparing Monetary and Multidimensional Poverty in Germany," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp103_1.pdf, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Scott, Lucy, 2014. "Transfers for extreme poverty reduction: Implications for patron-client relationships in the context of Bangladesh's agricultural reformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 029, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Wohlgemuth, Michael, 2008. "A European social model of state-market relations: the ethics of competition from a neo-liberal perspective," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 08/9, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- World Bank, 2012. "Madagascar - Three Years into the Crisis : An Assessment of Vulnerability and Social Policies and Prospects for the Future, Volume 1. Main Report [Madagascar après trois ans de crise : Evaluation d," World Bank Publications - Reports 12324, The World Bank Group.
- Nasreen Nawaz, 2021. "Efficiency on the dynamic adjustment path in a financial market," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 45(1), pages 49-74, January.
- Romanus Osabohien & Oluwatoyin Matthew & Precious Ohalete & Evans Osabuohien, 2020. "Population–Poverty–Inequality Nexus and Social Protection in Africa," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 151(2), pages 575-598, September.
- Christian Schubert, 2015. "On the ethics of public nudging: Autonomy and Agency," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201533, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Hare Krisna Kundo & Martin Brueckner & Rochelle Spencer & John Davis, 2021. "Mainstreaming climate adaptation into social protection: The issues yet to be addressed," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(6), pages 953-974, August.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:487627 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scarlato, Margherita & D'Agostino, Giorgio, 2016. "The political economy of cash transfers: a comparative analysis of Latin American and sub-Saharan African experiences," Discussion Papers 6/2016, German Development Institute / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik (DIE).
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; social protection;
- O35 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Social Innovation
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:45:y:2014:i:2:p:261-284. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Martina Lawless (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.