A Theoretical Framework Contrasting the Resource-Based Perspective and the Knowledge-Based View
The purpose of this paper is to explore the relationship between the two most important perspectives of the firm, the RBV and the KBV, by examining the relative impact of firm-specific assets and knowledge capabilities on the firm’s competitive advantage. A composite model is proposed which elaborates upon both perspectives causal logic with respect to the conditions relevant for the firm success.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1985.
"Do Markets Differ Much?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 341-51, June.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971.
"Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972. "Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-95, December.
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Panayiotis Curtis & Jonh Thalassinos, 2005. "Equity fund raising and “creative” accounting practices: Indications from Athens Stock Exchange for the 1999-2000 period," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(1-2), pages 127-.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ers:journl:v:xii:y:2009:i:3:p:177-190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eleni Giannakopoulou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.