Supply-policy coordination in a monetary union
This paper examines how the member countries of a large monetary union react to country-specific shocks, and to shocks from the rest of the world, using supply-side policies. We develop a three-country model in which two of the countries form a monetary union where an independent central bank to control monetary policy, and supply-side policies are determined by the authorities at the national level. In this framework, we analyse in strategic terms how the authorities can deal with monetary, real and supply shocks, and discuss the welfare aspects of the optimal solution and the extent to which a coordinated supply-side policy may be useful to deal with those shocks.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1992.
"Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification,"
Economics Working Papers
92-187, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," NBER Working Papers 3949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 2005.
"Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780199279173, December.
- Layard, Richard & Nickell, Stephen & Jackman, Richard, 1991. "Unemployment: Macroeconomic Performance and the Labour Market," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284345, December.
- Carlos de Miguel Palacios & Simón Sosvilla-Rivero, 2001. "Efectos De Políticas Macroeconómicas En Una Unión Monetaria Con Distintos Grados De Rigidez Salarial," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 156(1), pages -, march.
- Carmen Díaz-Roldán, .
"Coordination of Fiscal Policies in a Monetary Union,"
Working Papers on International Economics and Finance
- Carmen Díaz Roldán, 2000. "Coordination of fiscal policies in a monetary union," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0003, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Carmen Díaz-Roldán, 2000. "Coordination Of Fiscal Policies In A Monetary Union," Working Papers 00-09, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- Sibert, Anne & Sutherland, Alan, 1997.
"Monetary Regimes and Labour Market Reform,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1731, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:18:y:2003:i:2:p:163-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.