Balanced budget multiplier with indirect taxes under imperfect competition
This paper presents two counter-examples to the Keynesian features attributed to imperfect competition in general equilibrium models. In particular, by considering indirect tax rates, a non positive and monotonically non-increasing relationship between the magnitude of both the balanced budget and welfare multipliers and market-power is obtained.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.colmex.mx/centros/cee/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Torregrosa, Ramon J., 1998. "On the monotonicity of balanced budget multiplier under imperfect competition," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 331-335, June.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro, 1987. "Monopolistic Competition and the Effects of Aggregate Demand," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 647-666, September.
- Molana, Hassan & Moutos, Thomas, 1992.
"A Note on Taxation, Imperfect Competition and the Balanced Budget Multiplier,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(1), pages 68-74, January.
- Hassan Molana & Thomas Moutos, 1991. "A Note on Taxation, Imperfect Competition and the Balanced Budget Multiplier," Working Papers Series 91/4, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Oliver Hart, 1982. "A Model of Imperfect Competition with Keynesian Features," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 97(1), pages 109-138.
- Dixon, Huw, 1987. "A Simple Model of Imperfect Competition with Walrasian Features," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 134-160, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emx:esteco:v:18:y:2003:i:1:p:3-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.