Accounting data and UK dividends
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Guanqun Tong & Christopher Green, 2005. "Pecking order or trade-off hypothesis? Evidence on the capital structure of Chinese companies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(19), pages 2179-2189.
- Ali Al-Attar & Simon Hussain, 2004. "Corporate Data and Future Cash Flows," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7-8), pages 861-903.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Richardson, Scott A. & Sloan, Richard G. & Soliman, Mark T. & Tuna, Irem, 2005. "Accrual reliability, earnings persistence and stock prices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 437-485, September.
- T. McCluskey & B. M. Burton & D. M. Power & C. D. Sinclair, 2006. "Evidence on the Irish stock market's reaction to dividend announcements," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(8), pages 617-628.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1974. "The Empirical Relationships Between the Dividend and Investment Decisions of Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 304-318, June.
- Nelson, Karen K. & Barth, Mary E. & Cram, Donald, 2001. "Accruals and the Prediction of Future Cash Flows," Research Papers 1594r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Baker, H. Kent & Mukherjee, Tarun K. & Powell, Gary E., 2004. "Distributing excess cash: the role of specially designated dividends," Working Papers 2004-07, University of New Orleans, Department of Economics and Finance.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Stulz, Rene M., 2006. "Dividend policy and the earned/contributed capital mix: a test of the life-cycle theory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 227-254, August.
- Subramanyam, K. R., 1996. "The pricing of discretionary accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 249-281, October.
- Ang, James S, 1975. "Dividend Policy: Informational Content or Partial Adjustment?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(1), pages 65-70, February.
- Daniel, Naveen D. & Denis, David J. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2008. "Do firms manage earnings to meet dividend thresholds," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 2-26, March.
- Nakamura, Alice & Nakamura, Masao, 1985. "Rational Expectations and the Firm's Dividend Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(4), pages 606-615, November.
- Short, Helen & Zhang, Hao & Keasey, Kevin, 2002. "The link between dividend policy and institutional ownership," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 105-122, March.
- Richard Barker, 1999. "The role of dividends in valuation models used by analysts and fund managers," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(2), pages 195-218.
More about this item
KeywordsUnited Kingdom; Dividends; Cash flows; Earnings; Financial reporting; Accruals; UK dividends;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:jaarpp:v:13:y:2012:i:1:p:56-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .