The usefulness of operating cash flow and accrual components in improving the predictive ability of earnings: a re-examination and extension
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:15:y:1977:i:2:p:253-271 is not listed on IDEAS
- Howard Chan & Robert Faff & Alan Ramsay, 2005. "Firm Size and the Information Content of Annual Earnings Announcements: Australian Evidence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1-2), pages 211-253.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:199-233 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amir, Eli & Lev, Baruch, 1996. "Value-relevance of nonfinancial information: The wireless communications industry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 3-30, October.
- Michael Bradbury, 2011. "Direct or Indirect Cash Flow Statements?," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 21(2), pages 124-130, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Paul Hribar & Daniel W. Collins, 2002. "Errors in Estimating Accruals: Implications for Empirical Research," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 105-134, March.
- Neal Arthur & Marco Cheng & Robert Czernkowski, 2010. "Cash flow disaggregation and the prediction of future earnings," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(1), pages 1-30.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:2:p:319-352 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- Richardson, Scott A. & Sloan, Richard G. & Soliman, Mark T. & Tuna, Irem, 2005. "Accrual reliability, earnings persistence and stock prices," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 437-485, September.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Kothari, S. P. & L. Watts, Ross, 1998. "The relation between earnings and cash flows," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 133-168, May.
- Andreas Charitou, 1997. "The role of cash flows and accruals in explaining security returns: evidence for the UK," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(4), pages 629-652.
- Gopal V. Krishnan & James A. Largay III, 2000. "The Predictive Ability of Direct Method Cash Flow Information," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(1&2), pages 215-245.
- Ismail, Badr & Choi, Kwan, 1996. "Determinants of time-series properties of earnings and cash flows," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 131-145.
- Harishankar Balkrishna & Jeffrey J. Coulton & Stephen L. Taylor, 2007. "Accounting losses and earnings conservatism: evidence from Australian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(3), pages 381-400.
- repec:wly:coacre:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:344-344 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:coacre:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:413-460 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nelson, Karen K. & Barth, Mary E. & Cram, Donald, 2001. "Accruals and the Prediction of Future Cash Flows," Research Papers 1594r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:acctfi:v:53:y:2013:i:4:p:1061-1082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaanzea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.