Pecking order or trade-off hypothesis? Evidence on the capital structure of Chinese companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1995.
" What Do We Know about Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1421-1460, December.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1994. "What Do We Know About Capital Structure? Some Evidence from International Data," NBER Working Papers 4875, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abimbola Adedeji, 1998. "Does the Pecking Order Hypothesis Explain the Dividend Payout Ratios of Firms in the UK?," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(9-10), pages 1127-1155.
- Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 1999. "An empirical study on the determinants of the capital structure of Thai firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(3-4), pages 371-403, August.
- Cobham, David & Subramaniam, Ramesh, 1998. "Corporate finance in developing countries: New evidence for India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1033-1047, June.
- Laurence Booth, 2001. "Capital Structures in Developing Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(1), pages 87-130, February.
- Singh, Ajit, 1994.
"Corporate financial patterns in industrialising economies: a comparative international study,"
54936, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, A., 1995. "Corporate Financial Patterns in Industrializing Economies. A Coparative International Study," Papers 2, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1991. " The Theory of Capital Structure," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 297-355, March.
- Singh, A. & Hamid, J., 1992. "Corporate Financial Structure in Developing Countries," Papers 1, World Bank - International Finance Corporation.
- Emilio Colombo, 2001. "Determinants of corporate capital structure: evidence from Hungarian firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(13), pages 1689-1701.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huyghebaert, Nancy & Quan, Qi & Sun, Lijian, 2014. "Financing decisions after partial privatization in China: Can a stock market quotation really provide discipline?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-46.
- Prasetyantoko, Agustinus, 2008. "Financing Policies and Firm Vulnerability in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 6533, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:288-294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jun Jiang & Komain Jiranyakul, 2013. "Capital Structure, Cost of Debt and Dividend Payout of Firms in New York and Shanghai Stock Exchanges," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 113-121.
- Abdou, Hussein A. & Pointon, John & El-Masry, Ahmed & Olugbode, Moji & Lister, Roger J., 2012. "A variable impact neural network analysis of dividend policies and share prices of transportation and related companies," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 796-813.
- Abdallah Atieh & Simon Hussain, 2008. "Disaggregating 'accounting earnings' to better explain UK dividends," Applied Financial Economics Letters, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 4(6), pages 399-401.
- repec:ami:journl:v:17:y:2018:i:1:p:100-121 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Chun & Chen, Xin & Liao, Guanmin, 2014. "What are the reliably important determinants of capital structure in china?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 87-113.
- Cziráki, Péter, 2007.
"A tőkestruktúra empirikus vizsgálata a magyar és az osztrák tőzsdén jegyzett vállalatok körében
[An empirical investigation of the capital structure of Austrian and Hungarian listed companies]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(7), pages 703-715.
- Rui Zhang & Xun Zhang, 2016. "Capital Structure Premium in Multinational SOEs: Evidence from China," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 283-293, February.
- Ibrahimo, M.V. & Barros, C.P., 2009. "Relevance or irrelevance of capital structure?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 473-479, March.
- Imran Yousaf & Arshad Hassan, 2016. "Effect of Family Control on Corporate Financing Decisions: A Case of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2016:138, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Hongfei Zhu, 2009. "The Relationship Between Investment and Fund Raising: An Empirical study to Japanese Manufacturing Firms," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 357-367.
- Muhammad Azeem Qureshi, 2009. "Does pecking order theory explain leverage behaviour in Pakistan?," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(17), pages 1365-1370.
- Abdallah Atieh & Simon Hussain, 2012. "Accounting data and UK dividends," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 56-70, May.
- TAHA Roshaiza & SANUSI Nur Azura, 2014. "Overview Of Capital Structure Theory," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 108-116, August.
- Darwin Yu & Rodolfo Aquino, 2009. "Testing capital structure models on Philippine listed firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(15), pages 1973-1990.
- Suzan Hol & Nico Van der Wijst, 2008. "The financial structure of nonlisted firms," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(7), pages 559-568.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:1339770 is not listed on IDEAS
- Víctor M. González & Francisco González, 2011. "Firm size and capital structure: Evidence using dynamic panel data," Post-Print hal-00730234, HAL.
- repec:brc:brccej:v:2:y:2017:i:4:p:69-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nadeem Ahmed Sheikh & Muhammad Azeem Qureshi, 2014. "Crowding-out or shying-away: impact of corporate income tax on capital structure choice of firms in Pakistan," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(19), pages 1249-1260, October.
- Nadeem Ahmed Sheikh & Zongjun Wang, 2011. "Determinants of capital structure: An empirical study of firms in manufacturing industry of Pakistan," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 117-133, January.
- Attaullah Shah & Jasir Ilyas, 2014. "Is Negative Profitability-Leverage Relation the only Support for the Pecking Order Theory in Case of Pakistani Firms?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 53(1), pages 33-55.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:37:y:2005:i:19:p:2179-2189. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.