Corporate governance and firm performance in Russia: an empirical study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chris Mallin, 2000. "Developments in Corporate Governance in Central and Eastern Europe," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 43-51, January.
- Dan R Dalton & Idalene F Kesner, 1987. "Composition and CEO Duality in Boards of Directors: An International Perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 18(3), pages 33-42, September.
- Dawna L. Rhoades & Paula L. Rechner & Chamu Sundaramurthy, 2001. "A Meta-analysis of Board Leadership Structure and Financial Performance: are "two heads better than one"?," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(4), pages 311-319, October.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- James Gillies & Jaak Leimann & Rein Peterson, 2002. "Making a Successful Transition from a Command to a Market Economy: the lessons from Estonia," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 175-186, July.
- Gregory Maassen & Frans van den Bosch, 1999. "On the Supposed Independence of Two-tier Boards: formal structure and reality in the Netherlands," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 31-37, January.
- Band, David, 1992. "Corporate governance: Why agency theory is not enough," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 453-459, December.
- Jiahua Che & Yingyi Qian, 1998. "Insecure Property Rights and Government Ownership of Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 467-496.
- Peter Clifford & Robert Evans, 1997. "Non-Executive Directors: A Question of Independence," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 224-231, October.
- Enrique Rueda-Sabater, 2000. "Corporate Governance: And the Bargaining Power of Developing Countries to Attract Foreign Investment," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(2), pages 117-124, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:manint:v:57:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-016-0295-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adegbite, Emmanuel & Amaeshi, Kenneth & Nakajima, Chizu, 2013. "Multiple influences on corporate governance practice in Nigeria: Agents, strategies and implications," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 524-538.
- Hearn, Bruce, 2015. "Institutional influences on board composition of international joint venture firms listing on emerging stock exchanges: Evidence from Africa," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 205-219.
- Urbi Garay & Maximiliano González, 2008. "Corporate Governance and Firm Value: The Case of Venezuela," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 194-209, May.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2017.
"Boards of directors in Russian publicly traded companies in 1998–2014: Structure, dynamics and performance effects,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 5-25.
- Muravyev, Alexander, 2016. "Boards of Directors in Russian Publicly Traded Companies in 1998-2014: Structure, Dynamics and Performance Effects," IZA Discussion Papers 10436, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- McCarthy, Daniel J. & Puffer, Sheila M., 2003. "Corporate governance in Russia: a framework for analysis," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 397-415, November.
- Yahya Ali Al-Matari & Abdullah Kaid Al-Swidi & Faudziah Hanim Bt Fadzil & Ebrahim Mohammed Al-Matari, 2012. "Board of Directors, Audit Committee Characteristics and Performance of Saudi Arabia Listed Companies," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 2(4), pages 241-251.
- Ichiro Iwasaki, 2007. "Enterprise Reform And Corporate Governance In Russia: A Quantitative Survey," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 849-902, December.
- Jehad S. Aldehayyat & Sliman S. Alsoboa & Mohammad H. Al-Kilani, 2017. "Investigating How Corporate Governance Affects Performance of Firm in Small Emerging Markets: An Empirical Analysis for Jordanian Manufacturing Firms," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 10(1), pages 77-95, January.
- repec:ehu:cuader:15777 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davydov, Denis & Nikkinen, Jussi & Vähämaa, Sami, 2014. "Does the decision to issue public debt affect firm valuation? Russian evidence," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 136-151.
- Adegbite, Emmanuel, 2015. "Good corporate governance in Nigeria: Antecedents, propositions and peculiarities," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 319-330.
- Melkumov, Dmitri, 2009. "Institutional background as a determinant of boards of directors' internal and external roles: The case of Russia," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 94-103, January.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:628-639 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsRussia Firm performance CEO duality Board composition Retrenchment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:38:y:2003:i:4:p:385-396. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .