Managing organizational politics for radical change: the case of Beiersdorf-Lechia S.A., Poznan
In 1997, the Beiersdorf group reacquired its former subsidiary in Poznan which had been expropriated by the Polish state after World War II. In two years the new management succeeded in transforming this formerly state-owned, production-driven conglomerate into a highly profitable, market-oriented consumer goods company. We use this case study to introduce a comprehensive model of organizational transformation integrating micro-level change theory and the organizational politics approach focusing on the interplay of power and interests in radical intra-organizational transformation processes in CEE enterprises.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 38 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bos, Dieter, 1993. "Privatization in Europe: A Comparison of Approaches," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 95-111, Spring.
- Rees, Ray, 1988. "INefficiency, public enterprise and privatisation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 422-431, March.
- Rees, Ray, 1988. "Inefficiency, Public Enterprise and Privatisation," Munich Reprints in Economics 3415, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Obloj, Krzysztof & Thomas, Howard, 1996. "Breaking away from the past: Strategies of successful polish firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 467-476, October.
- unknown, 1993. "Privatization in Europe: A comparison of approaches," Discussion Paper Serie A 376, University of Bonn, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:38:y:2003:i:3:p:204-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.