Privatisation of Network Industries in Germany: A Disaggregated Approach
The purpose of this paper is to analyse the impact of market-oriented institutional reforms in German network industries. A disaggregated approach is chosen, which differentiates between network services, infrastructure management and network infrastructure. The gradual opening of network service provision has already had a positive impact on the performance of all markets for network services. Nevertheless, harmonisation and integration of infrastructure management as well as an adequate regulation of access to the non-competitive infrastructures (monopolistic bottlenecks) is necessary in order to exploit the full benefits of liberalisation and privatisation of network service markets.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 (89) 9224-0
Fax: +49 (89) 985369
Web page: http://www.cesifo.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Gross, Wolfgang, 2000. "Prices for long-distance voice telephony in Germany," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(10-11), pages 929-945, November.
- Bos, Dieter, 1993. "Privatization in Europe: A Comparison of Approaches," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 95-111, Spring.
- Olivier Boylaud & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2001. "Regulatory reform in road freight," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(1), pages 229-251.
- Blankart, Charles B & Knieps, Gunter, 1989. "What Can We Learn from Comparative Institutional Analysis? The Case of Telecommunications," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 579-98.
- Sinn, Gerlinde & Sinn, Hans-Werner, 1992. "Kaltstart. Volkswirtschaftliche Aspekte der Deutschen Vereinigung," Monograph, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, edition 2, number urn:isbn:9783161459429, May.
- Knieps, Günter, 2002. "Wettbewerb auf den Ferntransportnetzen der deutschen Gaswirtschaft: Eine netzökonomische Analyse," Discussion Papers 85 [rev.], University of Freiburg, Institute for Transport Economics and Regional Policy.
- Boss, Alfred & Stehn, Jürgen & Laaser, Claus-Friedrich & Schatz, Klaus-Werner & Bode, Eckhardt & Böhme, Hans & Horn, Ernst-Jürgen & Rosenschon, Astrid & Sander, Birgit & Schmidt, Rainer, 1996. "Deregulierung in Deutschland : eine empirische Analyse," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 889, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- unknown, 1993. "Privatization in Europe: A comparison of approaches," Discussion Paper Serie A 376, University of Bonn, Germany.
- repec:mhr:untord:urn:isbn:9783163450837 is not listed on IDEAS
- Knieps, Gunter, 1997. "Phasing Out Sector-Specific Regulation in Competitive Telecommunications," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 325-39.
- Ingo Vogelsang, 2003. "The German Telecommunications Reform - Where did it come from, Where is it, and Where is it Going?," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(3), pages 313-340, 08.
- Brunekreeft, Gert & Keller, Katja, 2000. "The electricity supply industry in Germany: market power or power of the market?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Kay, J A & Thompson, D J, 1986. "Privatisation: A Policy in Search of a Rationale," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(381), pages 18-32, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_1188. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julio Saavedra)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.