Mergers and acquisitions across European borders: National perspectives on preacquisition due diligence and the use of professional advisers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David K Tse & June Francis & Jan Walls, 1994. "Cultural Differences in Conducting Intra- and Inter-Cultural Negotiations: A Sino-Canadian Comparison," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(3), pages 537-555, September.
- Angwin, Duncan & Savill, Brett, 1997. "Strategic perspectives on European cross-border acquisitions: A view from top European executives," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 423-435, August.
- M Krishna Erramilli, 1996. "Nationality and Subsidiary Ownership Patterns in Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(2), pages 225-248, June.
- Srilata Zaheer & Akbar Zaheer, 1997. "Country Effects on Information Seeking in Global Electronic Networks," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(1), pages 77-100, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlaegel, Christopher & Rossteutscher, Tobias & Wolff, Birgitta, 2015. "The human aspect of cross-border acquisition outcomes: The role of management practices, employee emotions, and national culture," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 394-408.
- DE CLEYN, Sven & BRAET, Johan, "undated". "The due diligence process – Guiding principles for early stage innovative products," Working Papers 2006016, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Ahammad, Mohammad Faisal & Tarba, Shlomo Y. & Liu, Yipeng & Glaister, Keith W. & Cooper, Cary L., 2016. "Exploring the factors influencing the negotiation process in cross-border M&A," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 445-457.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Extant Reviews on Entry-mode/Internationalization, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Diversification: Understanding Theories and Establishing Interdisciplinary Research," MPRA Paper 63744, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Ahammad, Mohammad Faisal & Tarba, Shlomo Yedidia & Liu, Yipeng & Glaister, Keith W., 2016. "Knowledge transfer and cross-border acquisition performance: The impact of cultural distance and employee retention," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 66-75.
- Barmeyer, Christoph & Mayrhofer, Ulrike, 2008. "The contribution of intercultural management to the success of international mergers and acquisitions: An analysis of the EADS group," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 28-38, February.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Determinants of Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions: A Comprehensive Review and Future Direction," MPRA Paper 63969, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Gomes, Emanuel & Cohen, Marcel & Mellahi, Kamel, 2011. "When two African cultures collide: A study of interactions between managers in a strategic alliance between two African organizations," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 5-12, January.
- Lina M. Cortés & Diego A. Agudelo & Samuel Mongrut, 2012. "Waves and determinants in the activity of Mergers and Acquisitions: The Case of Latin America," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010658, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Xie, En & Reddy, K.S. & Liang, Jie, 2017. "Country-specific determinants of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A comprehensive review and future research directions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 127-183.
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-015-0249-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Angwin, Duncan N. & Paroutis, Sotirios & Connell, Richard, 2015. "Why good things Don’t happen: the micro-foundations of routines in the M&A process," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1367-1381.
- Nicolas Coeurdacier & Roberto A. De Santis & Antonin Aviat, 2009. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions and European integration," Post-Print hal-01022660, HAL.
- repec:eee:bushor:v:60:y:2017:i:3:p:415-425 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ahammad, Mohammad Faisal & Glaister, Keith W., 2013. "The pre-acquisition evaluation of target firms and cross border acquisition performance," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 894-904.
- Li, Jiatao & Li, Peixin & Wang, Baolian, 2016. "Do cross-border acquisitions create value? Evidence from overseas acquisitions by Chinese firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 471-483.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:3:p:461-475 is not listed on IDEAS
- Larsen, Michael Holm, 2006. "Value Creation through ICT Integration in Merger & Acquisition Processes," Working Papers 2005-8, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Informatics.
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "The State of Case Study Research in Mergers & Acquisitions: A Review of the Literature in Different Management Streams," MPRA Paper 63939, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Shimizu, Katsuhiko & Hitt, Michael A. & Vaidyanath, Deepa & Pisano, Vincenzo, 2004. "Theoretical foundations of cross-border mergers and acquisitions: A review of current research and recommendations for the future," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 307-353.
- Timmers, A.D., 2010. "The perceived cultural changes and the changes in identification of the employees during a merger between two airlines," Other publications TiSEM a71f79cd-facf-445a-a0ba-4, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- repec:spr:manint:v:52:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11575-011-0099-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Reddy, Kotapati Srinivasa, 2015. "Why do Cross-border Merger/Acquisition Deals become Delayed, or Unsuccessful? – A Cross-Case Analysis in the Dynamic Industries," MPRA Paper 63940, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:36:y:2001:i:1:p:32-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.