Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jones, Donald W. & Dale, Virginia H. & Beauchamp, John J. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & O'Neill, Robert V., 1995. "Farming in Rondonia," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 155-188, August.
- Pichon, Francisco J, 1997. "Colonist Land-Allocation Decisions, Land Use, and Deforestation in the Ecuadorian Amazon Frontier," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 707-44, July.
- D W Jones & R V O'Neill, 1993. "Human-environmental influences and interactions in shifting agriculture when farmers form expectations rationally," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Stephen G. Perz, 2002. "The Changing Social Contexts of Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(1), pages 35-52.
- Pichon, Francisco J., 1997. "Settler households and land-use patterns in the Amazon frontier: Farm-level evidence from Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 67-91, January.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Burt, Graeme J., 2000. "Tropical forests and shifting cultivation: secondary forest fallow dynamics among traditional farmers of the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- Thiele, Graham, 1993. "The dynamics of farm development in the Amazon: The Barbecho crisis model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 179-197.
- Walker, Robert & Homma, Alfredo Kingo Oyama, 1996. "Land use and land cover dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon: an overview," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 67-80, July.
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- D W Jones & R V O'Neill, 1993. "Human-Environmental Influences and Interactions in Shifting Agriculture When Farmers Form Expectations Rationally," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 25(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Scatena, Frederick N. & Walker, Robert T. & Homma, Alfredo Kingo Oyama & de Conto, Arnaldo Jose & Ferreira, Celio Armando Palheta & de Amorim Carvalho, Rui & Neves da Rocha, Antonio C.P. & Moreira dos, 1996. "Cropping and fallowing sequences of small farms in the "terra firme" landscape of the Brazilian Amazon: a case study from Santarem, Para," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 29-40, July.
- Marc Jacobson & Joel De Castro & Vianca Aliaga & Julio Romero & MAllison Davis, 1998. "The Role of Tenure Security and Private Time Preference in Neotropical Deforestation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 162-170.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:6:p:1009-1027. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.