Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Scatena, Frederick N. & Walker, Robert T. & Homma, Alfredo Kingo Oyama & de Conto, Arnaldo Jose & Ferreira, Celio Armando Palheta & de Amorim Carvalho, Rui & Neves da Rocha, Antonio C.P. & Moreira dos, 1996. "Cropping and fallowing sequences of small farms in the "terra firme" landscape of the Brazilian Amazon: a case study from Santarem, Para," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 29-40, July.
- Thiele, Graham, 1993. "The dynamics of farm development in the Amazon: The Barbecho crisis model," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 179-197.
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- Jones, Donald W. & Dale, Virginia H. & Beauchamp, John J. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & O'Neill, Robert V., 1995. "Farming in Rondonia," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 155-188, August.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Burt, Graeme J., 2000. "Tropical forests and shifting cultivation: secondary forest fallow dynamics among traditional farmers of the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- D W Jones & R V O'Neill, 1993.
"Human-Environmental Influences and Interactions in Shifting Agriculture When Farmers Form Expectations Rationally,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 25(1), pages 121-136, January.
- D W Jones & R V O'Neill, 1993. "Human-environmental influences and interactions in shifting agriculture when farmers form expectations rationally," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Pichon, Francisco J, 1997. "Colonist Land-Allocation Decisions, Land Use, and Deforestation in the Ecuadorian Amazon Frontier," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(4), pages 707-744, July.
- Walker, Robert & Homma, Alfredo Kingo Oyama, 1996. "Land use and land cover dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon: an overview," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 67-80, July.
- Stephen G. Perz, 2002. "The Changing Social Contexts of Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(1), pages 35-52.
- Marc Jacobson & Joel De Castro & Vianca Aliaga & Julio Romero & MAllison Davis, 1998. "The Role of Tenure Security and Private Time Preference in Neotropical Deforestation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(2), pages 162-170.
- Pichon, Francisco J., 1997. "Settler households and land-use patterns in the Amazon frontier: Farm-level evidence from Ecuador," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 67-91, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)