IMF-Supported Stabilization Programs and their Critics: Evidence from the Recent Experience of Egypt
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussa, Michael, 1997. "IMF Surveillance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 28-31, May.
- Fischer, Stanley, 1997. "Applied Economics in Action: IMF Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 23-27, May.
- Rajanendra Narayan Nag & Mallinath Mukhopadhyay, 1998. "Macro-Economic Effects of Stabilisation under Financial Repression," Indian Economic Review, Department of Economics, Delhi School of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Robert P. Hagemann, 1999. "The Structural Budget Balance; The Imf's Methodology," IMF Working Papers 99/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Donal J. Donovan, 1982. "Macroeconomic Performance and Adjustment under Fund-Supported Programs: The Experience of the Seventies (RÃ©sultats macroÃ©conomiques et ajustement dans le cadre de programmes bÃ©nÃ©ficiant de l'aide ," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 29(2), pages 171-203, June.
- Julio A. Santaella, 1996. "Stylized Facts before IMF-Supported Macroeconomic Adjustment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(3), pages 502-544, September.
- Polak, J.J., 1991. "The Changing Nature of IMF Conditionality," Princeton Studies in International Economics 184, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Jacques J. Polak, 1991. "The Changing Nature of IMF Conditionality," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 41, OECD Publishing.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1998.
"Whither the World Bank and the IMF?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1983-2020, December.
- Michael Melvin & Bettina Peiers, 1996. "Dollarization In Developing Countries: Rational Remedy Or Domestic Dilemma?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 30-40, 07.
- Joannes Mongardini, 1998. "Estimating Egypt's Equilibrium Real Exchange Rate," IMF Working Papers 98/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Arvind Subramanian, 1997. "The Egyptian Stabilization Experience; An Analytical Retrospective," IMF Working Papers 97/105, International Monetary Fund.
- Dell, Sidney, 1982. "Stabilization: The political economy of overkill," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(8), pages 597-612, August.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1990. "The Macroeconomic Effects of Fund-Supported Adjustment Programs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 195-231, June.
- Miguel A. Savastano & Michael Mussa, 1999. "The IMF Approach to Economic Stabilization," IMF Working Papers 99/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1989. "The international monetary fund and the developing countries: A critical evaluation," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 7-68, January.
- J. J. Polak, 1997. "The IMF Monetary Model At Forty," IMF Working Papers 97/49, International Monetary Fund.
- Tony Killick & Moazzam Malik, 1992. "Country Experiences with IMF Programmes in the 1980s," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 599-632, 09.
- Eric M. Engen & Jonathan Skinner, 1992. "Fiscal Policy and Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 4223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manuel Guitian, 1973. "Credit versus Money as an Instrument of Control (Avantages du crÃ©dit sur la monnaie en tant qu'instrument de contrÃ´le) (CrÃ©dito vs. dinero como instrumento de control)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 20(3), pages 785-800, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:29:y:2001:i:11:p:1867-1883. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.