Impact of Macroeconomic Change on Deforestation in South Cameroon: Integration of Household Survey and Remotely-Sensed Data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Walker, Robert & Homma, Alfredo Kingo Oyama, 1996. "Land use and land cover dynamics in the Brazilian Amazon: an overview," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 67-80, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2015. "Coffee certification and forest quality: A case in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211939, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2017. "Coffee Certification and Forest Quality: Evidence from a Wild Coffee Forest in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 158-166.
- Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Resosudarmo, Daju Pradnja & Dermawan, Ahmad & Rianto, Edy, 2001. "Economic Crisis, Small Farmer Well-Being, and Forest Cover Change in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 767-782, May.
- Kazungu, Moses & Ferrer Velasco, Rubén & Zhunusova, Eliza & Lippe, Melvin & Kabwe, Gillian & Gumbo, Davison J. & Günter, Sven, 2021. "Effects of household-level attributes and agricultural land-use on deforestation patterns along a forest transition gradient in the Miombo landscapes, Zambia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 186(C).
- Muller, Daniel & Zeller, Manfred, 2002. "Land use dynamics in the central highlands of Vietnam: a spatial model combining village survey data with satellite imagery interpretation," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 333-354, November.
- Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S., 2008.
"Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1813-1829, October.
- Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S., 2007. "Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications," Staff Paper Series 519, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Lewis, David J. & Barham, Bradford L. & Zimmerer, Karl S., 2007. "Spatial Externalities in Agriculture: Empirical Analysis, Statistical Identification, and Policy Implications," Staff Papers 92151, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Naila Nazir & Salman Ahmad, 2018. "Forest land conversion dynamics: a case of Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 389-405, February.
- Shahriar M. Wahid & Mukand S. Babel & Ashim Das Gupta & Jayant K. Routray & Roberto S. Clemente, 2008. "Degradation–environment–society spiral: A spatial auto‐logistic model in Thailand," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(4), pages 290-304, November.
- Alessandro Pinto & Gerald C. Nelson, 2009. "Land Use Change with Spatially Explicit Data: A Dynamic Approach," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(2), pages 209-229, June.
- Staal, S. J. & Baltenweck, I. & Waithaka, M. M. & deWolff, T. & Njoroge, L., 2002. "Location and uptake: integrated household and GIS analysis of technology adoption and land use, with application to smallholder dairy farms in Kenya," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 295-315, November.
- Elisabeth Hettig & Jann Lay & Kacana Sipangule, 2016.
"Drivers of Households’ Land-Use Decisions: A Critical Review of Micro-Level Studies in Tropical Regions,"
Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(4), pages 1-32, October.
- Hettig, Elisabeth & Lay, Jann & Sipangule, Kacana, 2015. "Drivers of households' land-use decisions - A critical review of micro-level studies in tropical regions," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 15, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Gatto, Marcel & Wollni, Meike & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Oil Palm Boom and Land-Use Dynamics in Indonesia: The Role of Policies and Socioeconomic Factors," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182805, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Munroe, Darla K. & Southworth, Jane & Tucker, Catherine M., 2002. "The dynamics of land-cover change in western Honduras: exploring spatial and temporal complexity," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 355-369, November.
- Gatto, Marcel & Wollni, Meike & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Oil Palm Boom and Land-Use Dynamics in Indonesia: The Role of Policies and Socioeconomic Factors," EFForTS Discussion Paper Series 6, University of Goettingen, Collaborative Research Centre 990 "EFForTS, Ecological and Socioeconomic Functions of Tropical Lowland Rainforest Transformation Systems (Sumatra, Indonesia)".
- Larrosa, Juan MC, 2000. "Un Resumen sobre Aspectos Fundamentales de la Teledetección y sus Aplicaciones [A Summary on Fundamentals of Remote-Sensing and Applications]," MPRA Paper 12827, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adelaja, Adesoji & George, Justin, 2019. "Terrorism and land use in agriculture: The case of Boko Haram in Nigeria," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Peter H Verburg & Jan R Ritsema van Eck & Ton C M de Nijs & Martin J Dijst & Paul Schot, 2004. "Determinants of Land-Use Change Patterns in the Netherlands," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 31(1), pages 125-150, February.
- Cláudia M. Viana & Jorge Rocha, 2020. "Evaluating Dominant Land Use/Land Cover Changes and Predicting Future Scenario in a Rural Region Using a Memoryless Stochastic Method," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-28, May.
- Wunder, Sven, 2001. "Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(11), pages 1817-1833, November.
- Macauley, Molly K., 2009. "Earth Observations in Social Science Research for Management of Natural Resources and the Environment: Identifying the Contribution of the U.S. Land Remote Sensing (Landsat) Program," Discussion Papers dp-09-01, Resources For the Future.
- Staal, Steven J. & Romney, D. & Baltenweck, Isabelle & Waithaka, Michael M. & Muriuki, H. & Njoroge, L., 2003. "Spatial Analysis Of Soil Fertility Management Using Integrated Household And Gis Data From Smallholder Kenyan Farms," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25903, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oestreicher, Jordan Sky & Fatorelli, Leandra & Mertens, Fréderic & Lucotte, Marc & Béliveau, Annie & Tremblay, Stéphane & Saint-Charles, Johanne & Davidson, Robert & Romaña, Christina A., 2018. "Rural livelihood trajectories in the central Brazilian Amazon: Growing inequalities, changing practices, and emerging rural-urban relationships over nearly a decade," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 10, pages 34-43.
- Wang, Ying & Bilsborrow, Richard E. & Zhang, Qi & Li, Jiangfeng & Song, Conghe, 2019. "Effects of payment for ecosystem services and agricultural subsidy programs on rural household land use decisions in China: Synergy or trade-off?," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 785-801.
- Sergio Castelani & Joaquim Guilhoto & Danilo Igliori, 2013. "The Impacts Of Local Demands, Urbanization And Amazonian Metropolitan Regions Over Deforestation On Brazilian Amazon," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1213, European Regional Science Association.
- William Pan & David Carr & Alisson Barbieri & Richard Bilsborrow & Chirayath Suchindran, 2007. "Forest Clearing in the Ecuadorian Amazon: A Study of Patterns Over Space and Time," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 26(5), pages 635-659, December.
- Vosti, Stephen A. & Witcover, Julie & Carpentier, Chantal Line, 2002. "Agricultural intensification by smallholders in the Western Brazilian Amazon: from deforestation to sustainable land use," Research reports 130, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marcellus Caldas & Robert Walker & Stephen Perz, 2002. "Small Producer Deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon: Integrating Household Structure and Economic Circumstance in Behavioral Explanation," CID Working Papers 96, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc, 2000. "Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 683-699, April.
- D. Skole & C. Justice & J. Townshend & A. Janetos, 1997. "A land cover change monitoring program: Strategy for an international effort," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 157-175, June.
- Thaler, Gregory M. & Viana, Cecilia & Toni, Fabiano, 2019. "From frontier governance to governance frontier: The political geography of Brazil’s Amazon transition," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 59-72.
- Perz, Stephen G. & Walker, Robert T., 2002. "Household Life Cycles and Secondary Forest Cover Among Small Farm Colonists in the Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1009-1027, June.
- Coomes, Oliver T. & Grimard, Franque & Burt, Graeme J., 2000. "Tropical forests and shifting cultivation: secondary forest fallow dynamics among traditional farmers of the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- López, Santiago & Sierra, Rodrigo, 2011. "A resource demand model of indigenous production: The Jivaroan cultivation systems of Western Amazonia," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 246-257, March.
- Alisson Barbieri & David Carr & Richard Bilsborrow, 2009. "Migration Within the Frontier: The Second Generation Colonization in the Ecuadorian Amazon," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(3), pages 291-320, June.
- Néstor Montalván-Burbano & Andrés Velastegui-Montoya & Miguel Gurumendi-Noriega & Fernando Morante-Carballo & Marcos Adami, 2021. "Worldwide Research on Land Use and Land Cover in the Amazon Region," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(11), pages 1-24, May.
- Namaalwa, Justine & Sankhayan, Prem L. & Hofstad, Ole, 2007. "A dynamic bio-economic model for analyzing deforestation and degradation: An application to woodlands in Uganda," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 479-495, January.
- Mena, Carlos F. & Barbieri, Alisson F. & Walsh, Stephen J. & Erlien, Christine M. & Holt, Flora L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E., 2006. "Pressure on the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve: Development and Land Use/Cover Change in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1831-1849, October.
- Sarah Turner & Thi-Thanh-Hiên Pham, 2015. "“Nothing Is Like It Was Before”: The Dynamics between Land-Use and Land-Cover, and Livelihood Strategies in the Northern Vietnam Borderlands," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-30, November.
- Browder, John O. & Pedlowski, Marcos A. & Walker, Robert & Wynne, Randolph H. & Summers, Percy M. & Abad, Ana & Becerra-Cordoba, Nancy & Mil-Homens, Joao, 2008. "Revisiting Theories of Frontier Expansion in the Brazilian Amazon: A Survey of the Colonist Farming Population in Rondônia's Post-Frontier, 1992-2002," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1469-1492, August.
- Flávia Leite & Marcellus Caldas & Cynthia Simmons & Stephen Perz & Stephen Aldrich & Robert Walker, 2011. "The social viability and environmental sustainability of direct action land reform settlements in the Amazon," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 773-788, August.
- Feinian Chen & Kim Korinek, 2010. "Family life course transitions and rural Household economy during China’s market reform," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(4), pages 963-987, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:28:y:2000:i:6:p:983-999. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.