Institutional design of public agencies and coproduction: A study of irrigation associations in Taiwan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972.
"Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-795, December.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971. "Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations," UCLA Economics Working Papers 10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Moore, Mick, 1989. "The fruits and fallacies of neoliberalism: The case of irrigation policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(11), pages 1733-1750, November.
- Kessides, C., 1993. "Institutional Options for Provision of Infrastructure," World Bank - Discussion Papers 212, World Bank.
- Abel, Martin E., 1975. "Irrigation Systems In Taiwan: Management Of A Decentralized Public Enterprise," Staff Papers 14290, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Moe, Terry M, 1990. "Political Institutions: The Neglected Side of the Story," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 213-253.
- Wade, Robert, 1988. "The management of irrigation systems: How to evoke trust and avoid prisoner's dilemma," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 489-500, April.
- Israel, A., 1992. "Issues for Infrastructure Management in the 1990s," World Bank - Discussion Papers 171, World Bank.
- Tendler, Judith & Freedheim, Sara, 1994. "Trust in a rent-seeking world: Health and government transformed in Northeast Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1771-1791, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levien, Michael, 2015. "Social Capital as Obstacle to Development: Brokering Land, Norms, and Trust in Rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 77-92.
- Veron, Rene, 2001. "The "New" Kerala Model: Lessons for Sustainable Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 601-617, April.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 1996. "Crossing the great divide: Coproduction, synergy, and development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1073-1087, June.
- Molinas, JoseR., 1998. "The impact of inequality, gender, external assistance and social capital on local-level cooperation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 413-431, March.
- Christiaan Grootaert & Thierry Van Bastelar, 2002. "Understanding and Measuring Social Capital : A Multidisciplinary Tool for Practitioners," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14098, December.
- Lam, Wai Fung, 2001. "Coping with Change: A Study of Local Irrigation Institutions in Taiwan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1569-1592, September.
- Weinberger, Katinka & Jutting, Johannes Paul, 2001. "Women's Participation in Local Organizations: Conditions and Constraints," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1391-1404, August.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1999. "Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2021-2044, December.
- North, Liisa L. & Cameron, John D., 2000. "Grassroots-Based Rural Development Strategies: Ecuador in Comparative Perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 1751-1766, October.
- Watson, Jim, 2004. "Co-provision in sustainable energy systems: the case of micro-generation," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(17), pages 1981-1990, November.
- Barker, Randolph & Levine, G., 2012. "Water productivity in context: the experiences of Taiwan and the Philippines over the past half-century," IWMI Research Reports 158343, International Water Management Institute.
- Ricks, Jacob I., 2016. "Building Participatory Organizations for Common Pool Resource Management: Water User Group Promotion in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 34-47.
- Ackerman, John, 2004. "Co-Governance for Accountability: Beyond "Exit" and "Voice"," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 447-463, March.
- Samuel Bowles & Herbert Gintis, 2002. "Social Capital and Community Governance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(483), pages 419-436, November.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:5:p:755-:d:97694 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mladovsky, Philipa & Mossialos, Elias, 2008. "A Conceptual Framework for Community-Based Health Insurance in Low-Income Countries: Social Capital and Economic Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 590-607, April.
- Arshed Hossain Bhatti, 2000. "Matching Intentions with Divergent Agendas: Interplay of the State, International Donors, and the Civil Voluntary Initiatives in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 39(4), pages 1031-1053.
- Jütting, Johannes, 1999. "Strengthening Social Security Systems in Rural Areas of Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 279851, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Marina Della Giusta & Uma Kambhampati, 2006. "Women migrant workers in the UK: social capital, well-being and integration," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(6), pages 819-833.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:24:y:1996:i:6:p:1039-1054. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.