Why are farms so small?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1988. "Scale, Size, Technology And Structure: A Personal Perspective," 1988 Conference, January 16-19, San Antonio, Texas 260097, Regional Research Committe NC-181: Determinants of Farm Size and Structure.
- Atkinson, L. Jay & Blaich, Oswald P., 1983. "Venezuela: A Prospective Market for Grain and Livestock Products," Foreign Agricultural Economic Report (FAER) 147215, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- John M. Brewster, 1950. "The Machine Process in Agriculture and Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 69-81.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1988. "Scale, Size, Technology And Structure: A Personal Perspective," Staff Papers 13832, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Kislev, Yoav & Peterson, Willis L., 1991. "Economies Of Scale In Agriculture: A Reexamination Of The Evidence," Staff Papers 13652, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Putterman, Louis, 1983. "A modified collective agriculture in rural growth-with-equity: Reconsidering the private, unimodal solution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 77-100, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feil, J.-H. & Anastassiadis, F. & Mußhoff, O. & Kasten, P., 2016.
"Analysing Farmers’ Preferences fo Collaborative Arrangements: An Experimental Approach,"
Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”,
German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 0, March.
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Anastassiadis, Friederike & Mußhoff, Oliver & Kasten, Philipp, 2015. "Analyzing farmers’ preferences for collaborative arrangements: an experimental approach," Department of Agricultural and Rural Development (DARE) Discussion Papers 260782, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Anastassiadis, Friederike & Mußhoff, Oliver & Kasten, Philipp, 2015. "Analyzing farmers' preferences for collaborative arrangements: An experimental approach," DARE Discussion Papers 1510, Georg-August University of Göttingen, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development (DARE).
- Feil, Jan-Henning & Anastassiadis, Friederike & Mußhoff, Oliver & Kasten, Philipp, 2015. "Analysing farmers' preferences for collaborative arrangements: an experimental approach," 55th Annual Conference, Giessen, Germany, September 23-25, 2015 209195, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- van Zyl, Johan & Binswanger, Hans & Thirtle, Colin, 1995. "The relationship between farm size and efficiency in South African agriculture," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1548, The World Bank.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results,"
Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Van Zyl, Johan & Miller, Bill R. & Parker, Andrew, 1996. "Agrarian structure in Poland : the myth of large-farm superiority," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1596, The World Bank.
- Olson, Kent D. & Vu, Linh, 2009. "Productivity Growth, Technical Efficiency and Technical Change on Minnesota Farms," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49204, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:107:y:2018:i:c:p:327-337 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weller, Jürgen, 2001. "Economic reforms, growth and employment: labour markets in Latin America and the Caribbean," Libros de la CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), number 66 edited by Eclac, November.
- Sukhpal Singh, 2007. "Corporate Farming in India:Is it Must for Agricultural Development?," Working Papers id:871, eSocialSciences.
- Wiggins, S., 2016. "IFAD RESEARCH SERIES 1 - Agricultural and rural development reconsidered: a guide to issues and debates," IFAD Research Series 280035, International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- repec:ags:agreko:267829 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2002. "Colombia : Coffee Sector Study 2002," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14436, The World Bank.
- Sarah Velten & Julia Leventon & Nicolas Jager & Jens Newig, 2015. "What Is Sustainable Agriculture? A Systematic Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(6), pages 1-33, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:22:y:1994:i:5:p:691-706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.