An assessment of the potential for self-connectivity at European airports in holiday markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Coldren, Gregory M. & Koppelman, Frank S., 2005. "Modeling the competition among air-travel itinerary shares: GEV model development," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 345-365, May.
- Veldhuis, Jan, 1997. "The competitive position of airline networks," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 181-188.
- Lieshout, Rogier & Malighetti, Paolo & Redondi, Renato & Burghouwt, Guillaume, 2016. "The competitive landscape of air transport in Europe," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 68-82.
- Grosche, Tobias & Klophaus, Richard, 2015. "Hubs at risk: Exposure of Europe's largest hubs to competition on transfer city Pairs," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 55-60.
- Frédéric Dobruszkes, 2013. "The geography of European low-cost airline networks: A contemporary analysis," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/135954, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Halpern, Nigel & Graham, Anne, 2015. "Airport route development: A survey of current practice," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 213-221.
- Morandi, Valentina & Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2015. "Codesharing agreements by low-cost carriers: An explorative analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 184-191.
- Klophaus, Richard & Conrady, Roland & Fichert, Frank, 2012. "Low cost carriers going hybrid: Evidence from Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 54-58.
- Mao, Liang & Wu, Xiao & Huang, Zhuojie & Tatem, Andrew J., 2015. "Modeling monthly flows of global air travel passengers: An open-access data resource," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 52-60.
- Burghouwt, Guillaume & de Wit, Jaap, 2005. "Temporal configurations of European airline networks," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 185-198.
- Malighetti, Paolo & Paleari, Stefano & Redondi, Renato, 2008. "Connectivity of the European airport network: â€œSelf-help hubbingâ€ and business implications," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 53-65.
- Narangajavana, Yeamduan & Garrigos-Simon, Fernando J. & García, Javier Sanchez & Forgas-Coll, Santiago, 2014. "Prices, prices and prices: A study in the airline sector," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 28-42.
- Fageda, Xavier & Suau-Sanchez, Pere & Mason, Keith J., 2015. "The evolving low-cost business model: Network implications of fare bundling and connecting flights in Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 289-296.
- Ben-David, Nissim & Teitler-Regev, Sharon & Tillman, Avi, 2016. "What is the optimal number of hotel rooms: Spain as a case study," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 84-90.
- Dobruszkes, Frédéric, 2013. "The geography of European low-cost airline networks: a contemporary analysis," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 75-88.
- Wei, Wenbin & Hansen, Mark, 2006. "An aggregate demand model for air passenger traffic in the hub-and-spoke network," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 841-851, December.
- SeredyÅ„ski, Adam & Rothlauf, Franz & Grosche, Tobias, 2014. "An airline connection builder using maximum connection lag with greedy parameter selection," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 120-128.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Never, Jan & Suau-Sanchez, Pere, 2020. "Challenging the interline and codeshare legacy: Drivers and barriers for airline adoption of airport facilitated inter-airline network connectivity schemes," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C).
More about this item
KeywordsTourist airports; Self-connectivity; Holiday travel; Poisson regression;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:touman:v:62:y:2017:i:c:p:54-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/tourism-management .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.