From rapid prototyping to home fabrication: How 3D printing is changing business model innovation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Desyllas, Panos & Sako, Mari, 2013. "Profiting from business model innovation: Evidence from Pay-As-You-Drive auto insurance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 101-116.
- Pitelis, Christos, 2009. "The co-evolution of organizational value capture, value creation and sustainable advantage," MPRA Paper 23937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amit, Raphael & Zott, Christoph, 2010. "Business model innovation: Creating value in times of change," IESE Research Papers D/870, IESE Business School.
- Sabatier, Valerie & Craig-Kennard, Adrienne & Mangematin, Vincent, 2012. "When technological discontinuities and disruptive business models challenge dominant industry logics: Insights from the drugs industry," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(5), pages 949-962.
- Valérie Sabatier & Adrienne Kennard & Vincent Mangematin, 2012. "When technological discontinuities and disruptive business models challenge dominant industry logics: insights from the drugs industry," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00658727, HAL.
- Øiestad, Sara & Bugge, Markus M., 2014. "Digitisation of publishing: Exploration based on existing business models," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 54-65.
- Fox, Stephen & Li, Leijun, 2012. "Expanding the scope of prosumption: A framework for analysing potential contributions from advances in materials technologies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(4), pages 721-733.
- Pitelis, Christos & Teece, David, 2009. "The (new) nature and essence of the firm," MPRA Paper 24317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry RAYNA, 2008. "Understanding the Challenges of the Digital Economy: The Nature of Digital Goods," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(71), pages 13-36, 3rd quart.
- Thierry Rayna & Ludmila Striukova, 2010. "Web 2.0 is cheap: supply exceeds demand," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 267-285.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yeh, Ching-Chiang & Chen, Yi-Fan, 2018. "Critical success factors for adoption of 3D printing," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 209-216.
- Munan Li & Alan L. Porter, 2018. "Facilitating the discovery of relevant studies on risk analysis for three-dimensional printing based on an integrated framework," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 114(1), pages 277-300, January.
- Birtchnell, Thomas & Böhme, Tillmann & Gorkin, Robert, 2017. "3D printing and the third mission: The university in the materialization of intellectual capital," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 240-249.
- Kapetaniou, Chrystalla & Rieple, Alison & Pilkington, Alan & Frandsen, Thomas & Pisano, Paola, 2018. "Building the layers of a new manufacturing taxonomy: How 3D printing is creating a new landscape of production eco-systems and competitive dynamics," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 22-35.
- Josip Maric & Florence Rodhain & Yves Barlette, 2016. "Frugal innovations and 3D printing: insights from the field," Post-Print hal-01412871, HAL.
- Jiang, Ruth & Kleer, Robin & Piller, Frank T., 2017. "Predicting the future of additive manufacturing: A Delphi study on economic and societal implications of 3D printing for 2030," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 84-97.
- Marco Savastano & Carlo Amendola & Francesco Bellini & Fabrizio D’Ascenzo, 2019. "Contextual Impacts on Industrial Processes Brought by the Digital Transformation of Manufacturing: A Systematic Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(3), pages 1-38, February.
- Anaya, K. & Pollitt, M., 2018.
"Storage Business Models: Lessons for Electricity from Natural Gas, Cloud Data and Frozen Food,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1810, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Karim L. Anaya & Michael G. Pollitt, 2018. "Storage Business Models: Lessons for Electricity from Natural Gas, Cloud Data and Frozen Food," Working Papers EPRG 1804, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Willems, Kim & Smolders, Annelien & Brengman, Malaika & Luyten, Kris & Schöning, Johannes, 2017. "The path-to-purchase is paved with digital opportunities: An inventory of shopper-oriented retail technologies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 228-242.
- Tahseen Arshi & Paul Burns, 2019. "Designing An Organization For Innovation In Emerging Economies: The Mediating Role Of Readiness For Innovation," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 10(1).
- Despeisse, M. & Baumers, M. & Brown, P. & Charnley, F. & Ford, S.J. & Garmulewicz, A. & Knowles, S. & Minshall, T.H.W. & Mortara, L. & Reed-Tsochas, F.P. & Rowley, J., 2017. "Unlocking value for a circular economy through 3D printing: A research agenda," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 75-84.
- Chekurov, Sergei & Metsä-Kortelainen, Sini & Salmi, Mika & Roda, Irene & Jussila, Ari, 2018. "The perceived value of additively manufactured digital spare parts in industry: An empirical investigation," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 87-97.
- Woodson, Thomas & Alcantara, Julia Torres & do Nascimento, Milena Silva, 2019. "Is 3D printing an inclusive innovation?: An examination of 3D printing in Brazil," Technovation, Elsevier, vol. 80, pages 54-62.
- Kleer, Robin & Piller, Frank T., 2019. "Local manufacturing and structural shifts in competition: Market dynamics of additive manufacturing," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 216(C), pages 23-34.
- Kwak, Kiho & Kim, Wonjoon & Park, Kyungbae, 2018. "Complementary multiplatforms in the growing innovation ecosystem: Evidence from 3D printing technology," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 192-207.
- Roberto Santolamazza & Dejan Pejcic, 2016. "Manifattura additiva: quale ruolo per il "capitale umano"?," ECONOMIA E SOCIET REGIONALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2016(2), pages 113-144.
- Gupta, Gaurav & Bose, Indranil, 2019. "Strategic learning for digital market pioneering: Examining the transformation of Wishberry's crowdfunding model," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 865-876.
- Fassio, Claudio & Grilli, Luca, 2016. "From technological to symbolic innovation? Open source, Maker Movement and global demand for 3D printers," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/7, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Chan, Hing Kai & Griffin, James & Lim, Jia Jia & Zeng, Fangli & Chiu, Anthony S.F., 2018. "The impact of 3D Printing Technology on the supply chain: Manufacturing and legal perspectives," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 205(C), pages 156-162.
- repec:aes:jetimm:v:1:y:2017:i:1:p:105-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guo, Jianfeng & Pan, Jiaofeng & Guo, Jianxin & Gu, Fu & Kuusisto, Jari, 2019. "Measurement framework for assessing disruptive innovations," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 250-265.
More about this item
Keywords3D printing; Business models; Innovation; Rapid prototyping; Rapid tooling; Direct Digital manufacturing; Home fabrication; Value creation; Value capture;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:102:y:2016:i:c:p:214-224. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.