The bootstrap theory of money: A search-theoretic foundation of monetary economics
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oh, Seonghwan, 1989. "A theory of a generally acceptable medium of exchange and barter," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, January.
- P. Diamond, 1980.
"Aggregate Demand Management in Search Equilibrium,"
268, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- P. A. Diamond, 1982.
"Money in Search Equilibrium,"
297, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Ostroy, Joseph M & Starr, Ross M, 1974.
"Money and the Decentralization of Exchange,"
Econometric Society, vol. 42(6), pages 1093-1113, November.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," UCLA Economics Working Papers 041, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Joseph M. Ostroy & Ross M. Starr, 1973. "Money and the Decentralization of Exchange," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 349, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- Diamond, P. A. & Maskin, Eric, 1981.
"An equilibrium analysis of search and breach of contract II. A non-steady state example,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 165-195, October.
- P. Diamond & E. Makin, 1979. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Search and Breach of Contract, II: A Non-Steady State Example," Working papers 237, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Ross M. Starr, 1972. "The Structure of Exchange in Barter and Monetary Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 86(2), pages 290-302.
- Jones, Robert A, 1976. "The Origin and Development of Media of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 757-775, August.
- David Cass & Menahem E. Yaari, 1965.
"A Re-Examination of the Pure Consumption Loans Model,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
195, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- David Cass & Menahem E. Yaari, 1966. "A Re-examination of the Pure Consumption Loans Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 353-353.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1979.
"The Matching Process as a Non-Cooperative/Bargaining Game,"
384, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dale T. Mortensen, 1982. "The Matching Process as a Noncooperative Bargaining Game," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Information and Uncertainty, pages 233-258 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter A. Diamond & Eric Maskin, 1979. "An Equilibrium Analysis of Search and Breach of Contract, I: Steady States," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(1), pages 282-316, Spring.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:streco:v:7:y:1996:i:4:p:451-477. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.