The Bahadur representation for kernel-type estimator of the quantile function under strong mixing and censored data
In this paper, we consider the kernel-type estimator of the quantile function based on the kernel smoother under a censored dependent model. The Bahadur-type representation of the kernel smooth estimator is established, and from the Bahadur representation we can show that this estimator is strongly consistent.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1997. "Additive Nonlinear ARX Time Series and Projection Estimates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 214-252, April.
- Sen, Pranab Kumar, 1972. "On the Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of [phi]-mixing random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Yu, Hao, 1996. "A note on strong approximation for quantile processes of strong mixing sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-7, September.
- Szeman Tse, 2005. "Quantile process for left truncated and right censored data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 57(1), pages 61-69, March.
- Yoshihara, Ken-ichi, 1995. "The Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of strongly mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 299-304, September.
- Fotopoulos, S. B. & Ahn, S. K., 1994. "Strong Approximation of the Quantile Processes and Its Applications under Strong Mixing Properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 17-45, October.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Xiang, X. J., 1995. "Bahadur Representation of the Kernel Quantile Estimator under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 193-209, August.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-1039, November.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:81:y:2011:i:8:p:1306-1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.