The Bahadur representation for kernel-type estimator of the quantile function under strong mixing and censored data
In this paper, we consider the kernel-type estimator of the quantile function based on the kernel smoother under a censored dependent model. The Bahadur-type representation of the kernel smooth estimator is established, and from the Bahadur representation we can show that this estimator is strongly consistent.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 81 (2011)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xiang, X. J., 1995. "Bahadur Representation of the Kernel Quantile Estimator under Random Censorship," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 193-209, August.
- Fotopoulos, S. B. & Ahn, S. K., 1994. "Strong Approximation of the Quantile Processes and Its Applications under Strong Mixing Properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 17-45, October.
- Yu, Hao, 1996. "A note on strong approximation for quantile processes of strong mixing sequences," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 1-7, September.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1971. "A General Definition of the Lorenz Curve," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(6), pages 1037-39, November.
- Sen, Pranab Kumar, 1972. "On the Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of [phi]-mixing random variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 77-95, March.
- Yoshihara, Ken-ichi, 1995. "The Bahadur representation of sample quantiles for sequences of strongly mixing random variables," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 299-304, September.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Szeman Tse, 2005. "Quantile process for left truncated and right censored data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 61-69, March.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1997. "Additive Nonlinear ARX Time Series and Projection Estimates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 214-252, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:81:y:2011:i:8:p:1306-1310. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.