Finite-sample distribution of regression quantiles
The finite-sample distributions of the regression quantile and of the extreme regression quantile are derived for a broad class of distributions of the model errors, even for the non-i.i.d case. The distributions are analogous to the corresponding distributions in the location model; this again confirms that the regression quantile is a straightforward extension of the sample quantile. As an application, the tail behavior of the regression quantile is studied.
Volume (Year): 80 (2010)
Issue (Month): 23-24 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275.
- Marc Hallin & Jana Jureckova, 1999. "Optimal tests for autoregressive models based on autoregression rank scores," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/2089, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- He, Xuming, et al, 1990. "Tail Behavior of Regression Estimators and Their Breakdown Points," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(5), pages 1195-1214, September.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:80:y:2010:i:23-24:p:1940-1946. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.