The minimal entropy measure and an Esscher transform in an incomplete market model
We consider an incomplete market model with one traded stock and two correlated Brownian motions . The Brownian motion W drives the stock price, whose volatility and Sharpe ratio are adapted to the filtration generated by . We show that the projections of the minimal entropy and minimal martingale measures onto are related by an Esscher transform involving the correlation between , and the mean-variance trade-off process. The result leads to a new formula for the marginal exponential utility-based price of an -measurable European claim.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 2001. "A solution approach to valuation with unhedgeable risks," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 61-82.
- Becherer, Dirk, 2003. "Rational hedging and valuation of integrated risks under constant absolute risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-28, August.
- David Hobson, 2004. "STOCHASTIC VOLATILITY MODELS, CORRELATION, AND THE "q"-OPTIMAL MEASURE," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 537-556.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1999. "A minimality property of the minimal martingale measure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 27-31, March.
- Tehranchi, Michael, 2004. "Explicit solutions of some utility maximization problems in incomplete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 109-125, November.
- Freddy Delbaen & Peter Grandits & Thorsten Rheinländer & Dominick Samperi & Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "Exponential Hedging and Entropic Penalties," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 99-123.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:11:p:1070-1076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.