The minimal entropy measure and an Esscher transform in an incomplete market model
We consider an incomplete market model with one traded stock and two correlated Brownian motions . The Brownian motion W drives the stock price, whose volatility and Sharpe ratio are adapted to the filtration generated by . We show that the projections of the minimal entropy and minimal martingale measures onto are related by an Esscher transform involving the correlation between , and the mean-variance trade-off process. The result leads to a new formula for the marginal exponential utility-based price of an -measurable European claim.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 77 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thaleia Zariphopoulou, 2001. "A solution approach to valuation with unhedgeable risks," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 61-82.
- Becherer, Dirk, 2003. "Rational hedging and valuation of integrated risks under constant absolute risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-28, August.
- David Hobson, 2004. "STOCHASTIC VOLATILITY MODELS, CORRELATION, AND THE "q"-OPTIMAL MEASURE," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(4), pages 537-556.
- Freddy Delbaen & Peter Grandits & Thorsten Rheinländer & Dominick Samperi & Martin Schweizer & Christophe Stricker, 2002. "Exponential Hedging and Entropic Penalties," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 99-123.
- Schweizer, Martin, 1999. "A minimality property of the minimal martingale measure," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 27-31, March.
- Tehranchi, Michael, 2004. "Explicit solutions of some utility maximization problems in incomplete markets," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 109-125, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:77:y:2007:i:11:p:1070-1076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.