Statistical estimation of nonstationary Gaussian processes with long-range dependence and intermittency
This paper considers statistical inference for nonstationary Gaussian processes with long-range dependence and intermittency. The existence of such a process has been established by Anh et al. (J. Statist. Plann. Inference 80 (1999) 95-110). We systematically consider the case where the spectral density of nonstationary Gaussian processes with stationary increments is of a general and flexible form. The spectral density function of fRBm is thus a special case of this general form. A continuous version of the Gauss-Whittle objective function is proposed. Estimation procedures for the parameters involved in the spectral density function are then investigated. Both the consistency and the asymptotic normality of the estimators of the parameters are established. In addition, a real example is presented to demonstrate the applicability of the estimation procedures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 99 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. C. Viano & Cl. Deniau & G. Oppenheim, 1995. "Long-Range Dependence And Mixing For Discrete Time Fractional Processes," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(3), pages 323-338, May.
- Viano, M. C. & Deniau, C. & Oppenheim, G., 1994. "Continuous-time fractional ARMA processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-336, November.
- Heyde, C. C. & Gay, R., 1993. "Smoothed periodogram asymptotics and estimation for processes and fields with possible long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 169-182, March.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Robinson, Peter M., 1997. "Large-sample inference for nonparametric regression with dependent errors," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 302, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.