Computing strategies for achieving acceptability: A Monte Carlo approach
We consider a trader who wants to direct his or her portfolio towards a set of acceptable wealths given by a convex risk measure. We propose a Monte Carlo algorithm, whose inputs are the joint law of stock prices and the convex risk measure, and whose outputs are the numerical values of initial capital requirement and the functional form of a trading strategy for achieving acceptability. We also prove optimality of the capital obtained. Explicit theoretical evaluations of hedging strategies are extremely difficult, and we avoid the problem by resorting to such computational methods. The main idea is to utilize the finite Vapnik-C[breve]ervonenkis dimension of a class of possible strategies.
Volume (Year): 117 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jeremy Staum, 2004. "Fundamental Theorems of Asset Pricing for Good Deal Bounds," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 141-161.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Carr, Peter & Geman, Helyette & Madan, Dilip B., 2001. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-167, October.
- Devroye, Luc, 1982. "Bounds for the uniform deviation of empirical measures," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 72-79, March.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spapps:v:117:y:2007:i:11:p:1587-1605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.