Convex risk measures for good deal bounds
We study convex risk measures describing the upper and lower bounds of a good deal bound, which is a subinterval of a no-arbitrage pricing bound. We call such a convex risk measure a good deal valuation and give a set of equivalent conditions for its existence in terms of market. A good deal valuation is characterized by several equivalent properties and in particular, we see that a convex risk measure is a good deal valuation only if it is given as a risk indifference price. An application to shortfall risk measure is given. In addition, we show that the no-free-lunch (NFL) condition is equivalent to the existence of a relevant convex risk measure which is a good deal valuation. The relevance turns out to be a condition for a good deal valuation to be reasonable. Further we investigate conditions under which any good deal valuation is relevant.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mingxin Xu, 2006.
"Risk measure pricing and hedging in incomplete markets,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 51-71, January.
- Mingxin Xu, 2004. "Risk Measure Pricing and Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Finance 0406004, EconWPA, revised 06 Apr 2005.
- Cern›, Ales, 2002. "Generalized Sharpe Ratios and Asset Pricing in Incomplete Markets," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 41, Royal Economic Society.
- Kreps, David M., 1981. "Arbitrage and equilibrium in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-35, March.
- Kasper Larsen & Traian Pirvu & Steven Shreve & Reha Tütüncü, 2005. "Satisfying convex risk limits by trading," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 177-195, 04.
- Jeremy Staum, 2004. "Fundamental Theorems of Asset Pricing for Good Deal Bounds," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 141-161.
- Susanne Klöppel & Martin Schweizer, 2007. "Dynamic Indifference Valuation Via Convex Risk Measures," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 599-627.
- Carr, Peter & Geman, Helyette & Madan, Dilip B., 2001. "Pricing and hedging in incomplete markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 131-167, October.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Klöppel Susanne & Schweizer Martin, 2007. "Dynamic utility-based good deal bounds," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 25(4/2007), pages 1-25, October.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Bion-Nadal, Jocelyne, 2009. "Bid-ask dynamic pricing in financial markets with transaction costs and liquidity risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(11), pages 738-750, December.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1108.1273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.