Association of exposure to intimate-partner physical violence and potentially traumatic war-related events with mental health in Liberia
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Linos, Natalia, 2009. "Rethinking gender-based violence during war: Is violence against civilian men a problem worth addressing?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(8), pages 1548-1551, April.
- Annan, Jeannie & Brier, Moriah, 2010. "The risk of return: Intimate partner violence in Northern Uganda's armed conflict," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 152-159, January.
- VanderEnde, Kristin E. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Dynes, Michelle M. & Sibley, Lynn M., 2012. "Community-level correlates of intimate partner violence against women globally: A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(7), pages 1143-1155.
- Farhood, Laila & Zurayk, Huda & Chaya, Monique & Saadeh, Fadia & Meshefedjian, Garbis & Sidani, Thuraya, 1993. "The impact of war on the physical and mental health of the family: The Lebanese experience," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 1555-1567, June.
- Sobkoviak, Rudina M. & Yount, Kathryn M. & Halim, Nafisa, 2012. "Domestic violence and child nutrition in Liberia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 103-111.
- Beydoun, Hind A. & Beydoun, May A. & Kaufman, Jay S. & Lo, Bruce & Zonderman, Alan B., 2012. "Intimate partner violence against adult women and its association with major depressive disorder, depressive symptoms and postpartum depression: A systematic review and meta-analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(6), pages 959-975.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malcolm, Michael & Diwakar, Vidya & Naufal, George S, 2017. "Child Discipline in Times of Conflict," IZA Discussion Papers 10936, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kohli, Anjalee & Perrin, Nancy & Mpanano, Remy Mitima & Banywesize, Luhazi & Mirindi, Alfred Bacikenge & Banywesize, Jean Heri & Mitima, Clovis Murhula & Binkurhorhwa, Arsène Kajabika & Bufole, Nadine, 2015. "Family and community driven response to intimate partner violence in post-conflict settings," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 276-284.
- Blay-Tofey, Morkeh & Lee, Bandy X., 2015. "Preventing gender-based violence engendered by conflict: The case of Côte d'Ivoire," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 341-347.
More about this item
KeywordsLiberia; Conflict; Violence; Intimate-partner physical violence; Mental health; Survey;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:77:y:2013:i:c:p:41-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .