“Community ambassadors” for South Asian elder immigrants: Late-life acculturation and the roles of community health workers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sadhna Diwan, 2008. "Limited English Proficiency, Social Network Characteristics, and Depressive Symptoms Among Older Immigrants," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 63(3), pages 184-191.
- Ishikawa, Hirono & Roter, Debra L. & Yamazaki, Yoshihiko & Takayama, Tomoko, 2005. "Physician-elderly patient-companion communication and roles of companions in Japanese geriatric encounters," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 2307-2320, May.
- Ramirez-Valles, Jesus, 1998. "Promoting health, promoting women: the construction of female and professional identities in the discourse of community health workers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(11), pages 1749-1762, December.
- Miltiades, Helen B. & Wu, Bei, 2008. "Factors affecting physician visits in Chinese and Chinese immigrant samples," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 704-714, February.
- Gay Becker & Yewoubdar Beyene & Edwina Newsom & Nury Mayen, 2003. "Creating Continuity Through Mutual Assistance: Intergenerational Reciprocity in Four Ethnic Groups," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(3), pages 151-159.
- Getrich, Christina & Heying, Shirley & Willging, Cathleen & Waitzkin, Howard, 2007. "An ethnography of clinic "noise" in a community-based, promotora-centered mental health intervention," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 319-330, July.
- Glenton, Claire & Scheel, Inger B. & Pradhan, Sabina & Lewin, Simon & Hodgins, Stephen & Shrestha, Vijaya, 2010. "The female community health volunteer programme in Nepal: Decision makers' perceptions of volunteerism, payment and other incentives," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 1920-1927, June.
- May, Marlynn L. & Contreras, Ricardo B., 2007. "Promotor(a)s, the organizations in which they work, and an emerging paradox: How organizational structure and scope impact promotor(a)s' work," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 153-166, July.
- Wolff, Jennifer L. & Roter, Debra L., 2011. "Family presence in routine medical visits: A meta-analytical review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(6), pages 823-831, March.
More about this item
KeywordsUnited States; South Asia; Elders; Seniors; Immigrants; Acculturation; Community health workers; Health promotion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:75:y:2012:i:10:p:1769-1777. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .