Eliciting ethical and social values in health technology assessment: A participatory approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Vries, Raymond & Stanczyk, Aimee & Wall, Ian F. & Uhlmann, Rebecca & Damschroder, Laura J. & Kim, Scott Y., 2010. "Assessing the quality of democratic deliberation: A case study of public deliberation on the ethics of surrogate consent for research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 1896-1903, June.
- Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Lehoux, Pascale & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre, 2007. "Bringing `the public' into health technology assessment and coverage policy decisions: From principles to practice," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 37-50, June.
- Pivik, Jayne & Rode, Elisabeth & Ward, Christopher, 2004. "A consumer involvement model for health technology assessment in Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 253-268, August.
- Goven, Joanna, 2008. "Assessing genetic testing: Who are the "lay experts"?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Abelson, Julia & Miller, Fiona A. & Giacomini, Mita, 2009. "What does it mean to trust a health system?: A qualitative study of Canadian health care values," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 63-70, June.
- Giacomini, Mita & Hurley, Jeremiah & Gold, Irving & Smith, Patricia & Abelson, Julia, 2004. "The policy analysis of `values talk': lessons from Canadian health reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 15-24, January.
- Abelson, Julia & Forest, Pierre-Gerlier & Eyles, John & Smith, Patricia & Martin, Elisabeth & Gauvin, Francois-Pierre, 2003. "Deliberations about deliberative methods: issues in the design and evaluation of public participation processes," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 239-251, July.
- Banta, David, 2003. "The development of health technology assessment," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 121-132, February.
- Gauvin, Francois-Pierre & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Eyles, John & Lavis, John N., 2010. ""It all depends": Conceptualizing public involvement in the context of health technology assessment agencies," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(10), pages 1518-1526, May.
- Scully, Jackie Leach & Banks, Sarah & Shakespeare, Tom W., 2006. "Chance, choice and control: Lay debate on prenatal social sex selection," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 21-31, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peine & Moors, 2013. "Valuing Health Technology – New Value Spaces For Personal Health Systems To Support Active Ageing," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 13-02, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Sep 2013.
- Costa -Font, Joan & Forns, Joan Rovira & Sato, Azusa, 2015. "Participatory health system priority setting: Evidence from a budget experiment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 182-190.
- Iskrov, Georgi & Miteva-Katrandzhieva, Tsonka & Stefanov, Rumen, 2012. "Challenges to orphan drugs access in Eastern Europe: The case of Bulgaria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 10-18.
- repec:spr:patien:v:10:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40271-016-0206-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHealth technology assessment Ethics Values Public engagement Public involvement Deliberative methods Health policy Decision-making Social values;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:73:y:2011:i:1:p:135-144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .