Determinants of variation in the cost of inpatient stays versus outpatient visits in hospitals: A multi-country analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph P. Newhouse, 1992. "Medical Care Costs: How Much Welfare Loss?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(3), pages 3-21, Summer.
- Edgar A. Peden & Mark S. Freeland, 1998. "Insurance effects on US medical spending (1960-1993)," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(8), pages 671-687.
- Liu, Xingzhu & Hsiao, William C. L., 1995. "The cost escalation of social health insurance plans in China: Its implication for public policy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1095-1101, October.
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828.
- Breyer, Friedrich, 1987. "The specification of a hospital cost function : A comment on the recent literature," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 147-157, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tom Stargardt, 2008. "Health service costs in Europe: cost and reimbursement of primary hip replacement in nine countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 9-20.
More about this item
KeywordsHospital costs Costing Cost-effectiveness analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:63:y:2006:i:7:p:1700-1710. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.