Health literacy as a social practice: Social and empirical dimensions of knowledge on health and healthcare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chinn, Deborah, 2011. "Critical health literacy: A review and critical analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 60-67, July.
- Nicola Giocoli, 2003. "Modeling Rational Agents," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2585, September.
- Nutbeam, Don, 2008. "The evolving concept of health literacy," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2072-2078, December.
- Cacari-Stone, L. & Wallerstein, N. & Garcia, A.P. & Minkler, M., 2014. "The promise of community-based participatory research for health equity: A conceptual model for bridging evidence with policy," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 104(9), pages 1615-1623.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Veltkamp, Gerlieke & Karasaki, Mutsumi & Bröer, Christian, 2020. "Family health competence: Attachment, detachment and health practices in the early years of parenthood," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 266(C).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Musharraf Cyan & Michael Price & Mark Rider, 2017. "A Health Literacy RCT toward Improvement of Programmatic Outcomes of Tuberculosis Control in the Tribal Areas of Pakistan Governance Support Program Post-Crisis," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1711, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Stephen Black & Catherine Maitland & Julieanne Hilbers & Kirsty Orinuela, 2017. "Diabetes literacy and informal social support: a qualitative study of patients at a diabetes centre," Journal of Clinical Nursing, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(1-2), pages 248-257, January.
- Arthur Brackmann Netto, 2017. "The Double Edge of Case-Studies: A Frame-Based Definition of Economic Models," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2017_21, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Setti Rais Ali & Paul Dourgnon & Lise Rochaix, 2018.
"Social Capital or Education: What Matters Most to Cut Time to Diagnosis?,"
- Setti Rais Ali & Paul Dourgnon & Lise Rochaix, 2018. "Social Capital or Education: What Matters Most to Cut Time to Diagnosis?," PSE Working Papers halshs-01703170, HAL.
- Samuel G Smith & Laura M Curtis & Jane Wardle & Christian von Wagner & Michael S Wolf, 2013. "Skill Set or Mind Set? Associations between Health Literacy, Patient Activation and Health," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 8(9), pages 1-7, September.
- Yoon K Loke & Ina Hinz & Xia Wang & Gill Rowlands & David Scott & Charlotte Salter, 2012. "Impact of Health Literacy in Patients with Chronic Musculoskeletal Disease–Systematic Review," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(7), pages 1-8, July.
- Cléo Chassonnery-Zaïgouche & Lauren Larrouy, 2017. "“From warfare to welfare”: Contextualising Arrow and Schelling's models of racial inequalities (1968–1972)," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(6), pages 1355-1387, November.
- Anne-Linda Camerini & Peter J Schulz, 2015. "Health Literacy and Patient Empowerment: Separating Con-joined Twins in the Context of Chronic Low Back Pain," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(2), pages 1-13, February.
- Giocoli, Nicola, 2011. "From Wald to Savage: homo economicus becomes a Bayesian statistician," MPRA Paper 34117, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Seung Pil Lee, 2020. "Sustainable Reciprocity Mechanism of Social Initiatives in Sport: The Mediating Effect of Gratitude," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(21), pages 1-18, November.
- Kristine Crondahl & Leena Eklund Karlsson, 2016. "The Nexus Between Health Literacy and Empowerment," SAGE Open, , vol. 6(2), pages 21582440166, April.
- Andy Denis, 2013. "Pluralism in economics education," Chapters, in: Jesper Jespersen & Mogens Ove Madsen (ed.), Teaching Post Keynesian Economics, chapter 5, pages 88-105, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Erich Pinzón Fuchs, 2014.
"Econometrics as a Pluralistic Scientific Tool for Economic Planning: On Lawrence R. Klein's Econometrics,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
14080, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Erich Pinzón Fuchs, 2014. "Econometrics as a Pluralistic Scientific Tool for Economic Planning: On Lawrence R. Klein's Econometrics," Post-Print halshs-01130762, HAL.
- Erich Pinzón-Fuchs, 2016. "Econometrics as a Pluralistic Scientific Tool for Economic Planning: On Lawrence R. Klein's Econometrics," Working Papers halshs-01364809, HAL.
- Erich Pinzón-Fuchs, 2016. "Econometrics as a Pluralistic Scientific Tool for Economic Planning: On Lawrence R. Klein's Econometrics," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01364809, HAL.
- Erich Pinzón Fuchs, 2014. "Econometrics as a Pluralistic Scientific Tool for Economic Planning: On Lawrence R. Klein's Econometrics," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01130762, HAL.
- Duygu Kavuncuoglu, 2019. "Material Health Literacy," Global Journal of Reproductive Medicine, Juniper Publishers Inc., vol. 7(1), pages 9-112:7, September.
- Francesco GRECO, 2017. "Complexity and economy," International Conference on Economic Sciences and Business Administration, Spiru Haret University, vol. 4(1), pages 181-189, November.
- Sabine Ackermann Rau & Sibel Sakarya & Thomas Abel, 2014. "When to see a doctor for common health problems: distribution patterns of functional health literacy across migrant populations in Switzerland," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(6), pages 967-974, December.
- Hichem Ben-El-Mechaiekh & Robert W. Dimand, 2010. "Von Neumann, Ville, And The Minimax Theorem," International Game Theory Review (IGTR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 12(02), pages 115-137.
- Passarella, Marco, 2007. "Per una storia analitica dell'economia politica. Alcune considerazioni sulle prospettive della Storia del Pensiero Economico [Notes for an analytical history of the political economy]," MPRA Paper 28674, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 06 Feb 2011.
- Clarke, Andrew & Isphording, Ingo E., 2015. "Language Barriers and Immigrant Health Production," IZA Discussion Papers 8846, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Carmela Annarumma & Rocco Palumbo & Ersilia Troiano & Stefania Vezzosi, 2017. "Una misurazione "euristica" dell’alfabetizzazione alimentare: alcuni spunti esplorativi," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2017(102), pages 61-83.
More about this item
KeywordsGermany; Health literacy; Social practice; Health behaviour; Healthcare; Experiential knowledge; Ethnography;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:226:y:2019:i:c:p:1-8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.