Should hedge funds be cautious reporting high returns?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- William K.H. Fung & David A. Hsieh, 2006. "Hedge funds: an industry in its adolescence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 4, pages 1-34.
- Brown, Stephen J & Goetzmann, William N & Ibbotson, Roger G, 1999. "Offshore Hedge Funds: Survival and Performance, 1989-95," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(1), pages 91-117, January.
- Bill Ding & Hany A. Shawky, 2007. "The Performance of Hedge Fund Strategies and the Asymmetry of Return Distributions," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(2), pages 309-331.
- Ledoit, Oliver & Wolf, Michael, 2008.
"Robust performance hypothesis testing with the Sharpe ratio,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 850-859, December.
- Oliver Ledoit & Michael Wolf, 2008. "Robust Performance Hypothesis Testing with the Sharpe Ratio," IEW - Working Papers 320, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Hammami, Yacine & Jilani, Faouzi & Oueslati, Abdelmonem, 2013. "Mutual fund performance in Tunisia: A multivariate GARCH approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 35-51.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 1999. "A primer on hedge funds," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 309-331, September.
- Martin Eling, 2009. "Does Hedge Fund Performance Persist? Overview and New Empirical Evidence," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 15(2), pages 362-401.
- Bing Liang & Hyuna Park, 2007. "Risk Measures for Hedge Funds: a Cross-sectional Approach," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 13(2), pages 333-370.
- Amin, Gaurav S. & Kat, Harry M., 2003.
"Hedge Fund Performance 1990–2000: Do the “Money Machines” Really Add Value?,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 38(02), pages 251-274, June.
- Gaurav Amin & Harry. M Kat, 2001. "Hedge Fund Performance 1990-2000- Do the "Money Machines" Really Add Value?," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2001-05, Henley Business School, Reading University, revised Sep 2001.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A., 2000. "Performance Characteristics of Hedge Funds and Commodity Funds: Natural vs. Spurious Biases," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 291-307, September.
- Dowd, Kevin, 2000. "Adjusting for risk:: An improved Sharpe ratio," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 209-222, July.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Eling, Martin, 2011. "Sufficient conditions for expected utility to imply drawdown-based performance rankings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2311-2318, September.
- Carl Ackermann & Richard McEnally & David Ravenscraft, 1999. "The Performance of Hedge Funds: Risk, Return, and Incentives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 833-874, June.
- Benjamin Auer, 2013. "The low return distortion of the Sharpe ratio," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 27(3), pages 299-306, September.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Eling, Martin, 2012. "A decision-theoretic foundation for reward-to-risk performance measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2077-2082.
- Capocci, Daniel & Hubner, Georges, 2004. "Analysis of hedge fund performance," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 55-89, January.
- Eling, Martin & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2007. "Does the choice of performance measure influence the evaluation of hedge funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2632-2647, September.
- Huang, Mei-Yueh & Lin, Jun-Biao, 2011. "Do ETFs provide effective international diversification?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 335-344, September.
- Schuster, Martin & Auer, Benjamin R., 2012. "A note on empirical Sharpe ratio dynamics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 116(1), pages 124-128.
- Arnold, Tom & Nail, Lance & Nixon, Terry D., 2004. "Do ADRs enhance portfolio performance for a domestic portfolio? Evidence from the 1990s," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 341-359, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSharpe ratio; Hedge funds; Performance measurement; Manipulation;
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:30:y:2014:i:c:p:195-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.