Monetary policy under flexible exchange rates: When is expansion contractionary?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Bischoff, 1971. "Business Investment in the 1970s: A Comparison of Models," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, pages 13-64.
- Krugman, Paul & Taylor, Lance, 1978. "Contractionary effects of devaluation," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 445-456, August.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1975. "A portfolio balance model of the open economy," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 3-20, January.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1980. "Exchange Rates and the Current Account," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 960-971, December.
- Tirelli, Patrizio & Vines, David, 1995. "Kohl, Reagan, and Open Economy Macroeconomics: Revisiting Rules for Fiscal and Monetary Policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(4), pages 561-583, October.
- Pekka Ahtiala, 1998. "Fiscal Policy under Flexible Exchange Rates: When is Expansion Contractionary?," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 17-34.
- Stephen M. Goldfeld, 1973. "The Demand for Money Revisited," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(3), pages 577-646.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Purvis, Douglas D., 1990. "Fiscal policy and the real exchange rate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1201-1211, September.
- Jeffrey Sachs, 1980. "Wages, Flexible Exchange Rates, and Macroeconomic Policy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 731-747.
- Scarth, William M., 1979. "Bond financed fiscal policy and the problem of instrument instability," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-117.
- Ahtiala, Pekka, 1987. "The effects of foreign disturbances under flexible exchange rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 387-400, December.
- Ahtiala, Pekka, 1984. "A synthesis of the macroeconomic approaches to exchange rate determination," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 117-136, March.
- Ahtiala, Pekka, 1989. "A note on fiscal policy under flexible exchange rates," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1481-1486, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahtiala, Pekka, 2009. "When is money neutral under flexible exchange rates?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 318-326, March.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Hu, Shih-Wen & Lai, Ching-Chong & Tai, Meng-Yi & Wang, Vey, 2013. "Tariff-tax reform and exchange rate dynamics in a monetary economy," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 63-73.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reveco:v:7:y:1998:i:4:p:361-378. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620165 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.