Do linkages between farmers and academic researchers influence researcher productivity? The Mexican case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1996.
"Scale, Scope, and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery,"
RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 32-59, Spring.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, "undated". "Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery," Working Papers ec25/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- van Rijnsoever, Frank J. & Hessels, Laurens K. & Vandeberg, Rens L.J., 2008. "A resource-based view on the interactions of university researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1255-1266, September.
- J Calvert & P Patel, 2003. "University-industry research collaborations in the UK: Bibliometric trends," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 85-96, April.
- Levin, Sharon G & Stephan, Paula E, 1991. "Research Productivity over the Life Cycle: Evidence for Academic Scientists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 114-132, March.
- Gonzalez-Brambila, Claudia & Veloso, Francisco M., 2007. "The determinants of research output and impact: A study of Mexican researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1035-1051, September.
- Defazio, Daniela & Lockett, Andy & Wright, Mike, 2009. "Funding incentives, collaborative dynamics and scientific productivity: Evidence from the EU framework program," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 293-305, March.
- Frank J. van Rijnsoever & Laurens K. Hessels & Rens L.J. Vandeberg, 2008. "A resource-based view on the interactions of university researchers," Innovation Studies Utrecht (ISU) working paper series 08-14, Utrecht University, Department of Innovation Studies, revised Apr 2008.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Glänzel, Wolfgang & Hussinger, Katrin, 2009.
"Heterogeneity of patenting activity and its implications for scientific research,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 26-34, February.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Glänzel, Wolfgang & Hussinger, Katrin, 2007. "Heterogeneity of Patenting Activity and Its Implications for Scientific Research," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-028, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Andrew A. Toole & Dirk Czarnitzki, 2009.
"Exploring the Relationship Between Scientist Human Capital and Firm Performance: The Case of Biomedical Academic Entrepreneurs in the SBIR Program,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(1), pages 101-114, January.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Toole, Andrew A., 2007. "Exploring the relationship between scientist human capital and firm performance: The case of biomedical academic entrepreneurs in the SBIR program," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-011, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Ekboir, Javier M. & Dutrénit, Gabriela & Martínez V., Griselda & Vargas, Arturo Torres & Vera-Cruz, Alexandre O., 2009. "Successful organizational learning in the management of agricultural research and innovation: The Mexican produce foundations," Research reports 162, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby, 2007. "Virtuous circles in science and commerce," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 86(3), pages 445-470, August.
- Heinze, Thomas & Shapira, Philip & Rogers, Juan D. & Senker, Jacqueline M., 2009. "Organizational and institutional influences on creativity in scientific research," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 610-623, May.
- Markus Perkmann & Kathryn Walsh, 2009.
"The two faces of collaboration: impacts of university-industry relations on public research,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(6), pages 1033-1065, December.
- Markus Perkmann & Kathryn Walsh, 2010. "The Two Faces of Collaboration: Impacts of University-Industry Relations on Public Research," DRUID Working Papers 10-03, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Goldfarb, Brent, 2008. "The effect of government contracting on academic research: Does the source of funding affect scientific output," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 41-58, February.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Mark Schankerman, 1999. "The Quality of Ideas: Measuring Innovation with Multiple Indicators," NBER Working Papers 7345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ekboir, Javier M., 2009. "The CGIAR at a Crossroads: Assessing the role of international agricultural research in poverty alleviation from an innovation systems perspective," ILAC Working Papers 52534, Institutional Learning and Change (ILAC) Initiative.
- Meyer-Krahmer, Frieder & Schmoch, Ulrich, 1998. "Science-based technologies: university-industry interactions in four fields," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 835-851, December.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Andrew Toole, 2010.
"Is there a trade-off between academic research and faculty entrepreneurship? Evidence from US NIH supported biomedical researchers,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 505-520.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Toole, Andrew A., 2009. "Is there a trade-off between academic research and faculty entrepreneurship? Evidence from U.S. NIH supported biomedical researchers," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-022, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Arocena, Rodrigo & Sutz, Judith, 2001. "Changing knowledge production and Latin American universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1221-1234, October.
- Scott Stern, 2004. "Do Scientists Pay to Be Scientists?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(6), pages 835-853, June.
- Robert Lowe & Claudia Gonzalez-Brambila, 2007. "Faculty Entrepreneurs and Research Productivity," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 173-194, June.
- Gabriela Dutrénit & Claudia De Fuentes & Arturo Torres, 2010. "Channels of interaction between public research organisations and industry and their benefits: evidence from Mexico," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(7), pages 513-526, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Baccini & Lucio Barabesi & Martina Cioni & Caterina Pisani, 2013. "Crossing the hurdle: the determinants of individual scientific performance," Department of Economics University of Siena 691, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Glenda Kruss & Mariette Visser, 2017. "Putting university–industry interaction into perspective: a differentiated view from inside South African universities," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 884-908, August.
- Yury Dranev & Maxim Kotsemir & Boris Syomin, 2018. "Diversity of research publications: relation to agricultural productivity and possible implications for STI policy," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 116(3), pages 1565-1587, September.
- Lin, Jun-You, 2017. "Balancing industry collaboration and academic innovation: The contingent role of collaboration-specific attributes," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 216-228.
- Hua Cheng & Zhiying Zhang & Qing Huang & Zhongju Liao, 2020. "The effect of university–industry collaboration policy on universities’ knowledge innovation and achievements transformation: based on innovation chain," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 522-543, April.
- Grabowski, Philip & Kerr, John & Donovan, Cynthia & Mouzinho, Bordalo, 2015. "A Prospective Analysis of Participatory Research on Conservation Agriculture in Mozambique," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 198703, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- A. Baccini & L. Barabesi & M. Cioni & C. Pisani, 2014. "Crossing the hurdle: the determinants of individual scientific performance," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 101(3), pages 2035-2062, December.
- Valeria Arza & Mariela Carattoli, 2017. "Personal ties in university-industry linkages: a case-study from Argentina," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 814-840, August.
- De Fuentes, Claudia & Dutrénit, Gabriela, 2012. "Best channels of academia–industry interaction for long-term benefit," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1666-1682.
More about this item
KeywordsUniversity-farmer interactions Research productivity Agricultural sector;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:7:p:932-942. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.