Utilization of social science research knowledge in Canada
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- J Lomas, 1990. "Finding Audiences, Changing Beliefs: The Structure of Research Use in Canadian Health Policy," Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series 1990-10, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Frenk, Julio, 1992. "Balancing relevance and excellence: Organizational responses to link research with decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1397-1404, December.
- Rappert, 1997. "Users and Social Science Research: Policy, Problems and Possibilities," Sociological Research Online, Sociological Research Online, vol. 2(3), pages 1-10.
- Lester, James P. & Wilds, Leah J., 1990. "The utilization of public policy analysis , : A conceptual framework," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 313-319, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wilfred Dolfsma & Rene Eijk & Albert Jolink, 2009. "On a Source of Social Capital: Gift Exchange," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 89(3), pages 315-329, October.
- Ouimet, Mathieu & Landry, Réjean & Amara, Nabil & Belkhodja, Omar, 2006. "What factors induce health care decision-makers to use clinical guidelines? Evidence from provincial health ministries, regional health authorities and hospitals in Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 62(4), pages 964-976, February.
- Larrivée, Marie-Claude & Hamelin-Brabant, Louise & Lessard, Geneviève, 2012. "Knowledge translation in the field of violence against women and children: An assessment of the state of knowledge," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2381-2391.
- repec:spr:lsprsc:v:10:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s12076-016-0175-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Klenk, Nicole L. & Hickey, Gordon M., 2011. "Government science in forestry: Characteristics and policy utilization," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 37-45, January.
- King, Gillian & Servais, Michelle & Kertoy, Marilyn & Specht, Jacqueline & Currie, Melissa & Rosenbaum, Peter & Law, Mary & Forchuk, Cheryl & Chalmers, Heather & Willoughby, Teena, 2009. "A measure of community members' perceptions of the impacts of research partnerships in health and social services," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 289-299, August.
- Li, Kathy K. & Abelson, Julia & Giacomini, Mita & Contandriopoulos, Damien, 2015. "Conceptualizing the use of public involvement in health policy decision-making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 14-21.
- Landry, Réjean & Saïhi, Malek & Amara, Nabil & Ouimet, Mathieu, 2010. "Evidence on how academics manage their portfolio of knowledge transfer activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1387-1403, December.
- Youtie, Jan & Bozeman, Barry & Jabbehdari, Sahra & Kao, Andrew, 2017. "Credibility and use of scientific and technical information in policy making: An analysis of the information bases of the National Research Council’s committee reports," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 108-120.
- repec:spr:scient:v:72:y:2007:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-007-1731-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Kothari, Anita & Birch, Stephen & Charles, Cathy, 2005. ""Interaction" and research utilisation in health policies and programs: does it work?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 117-125, January.
- repec:eee:cysrev:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:242-247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Sarah & Scarbrough, Harry, 2014. "Supporting knowledge translation through collaborative translational research initiatives: ‘Bridging’ versus ‘blurring’ boundary-spanning approaches in the UK CLAHRC initiative," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 119-127.
- Réjean Landry & Nabil Amara & Mathieu Ouimet, 2007. "Determinants of knowledge transfer: evidence from Canadian university researchers in natural sciences and engineering," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(6), pages 561-592, December.
- Hawkins, Richard & Langford, Cooper H. & Saunders, Chad, 2015. "Assessing the practical application of social knowledge: A survey of six leading Canadian Universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 83-95.
- Currie, Melissa & King, Gillian & Rosenbaum, Peter & Law, Mary & Kertoy, Marilyn & Specht, Jacqueline, 2005. "A model of impacts of research partnerships in health and social services," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 400-412, November.
- Jan Anne Annema, 2013. "The use of CBA in decision-making on mega-projects: empirical evidence," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Mega-Projects, chapter 13, pages 291-312 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Martin Lundin & PerOla Öberg, 2014. "Expert knowledge use and deliberation in local policy making," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 47(1), pages 25-49, March.
- Raewyn Bassett & Elizabeth McGibbon, 2013. "A critical participatory and collaborative method for scoping the literature," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(6), pages 3249-3259, October.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:1962-:d:116714 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bar-Ilan, Judit, 2008. "Informetrics at the beginning of the 21st century—A review," Journal of Informetrics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-52.
- McGuirk, Helen & Lenihan, Helena & Hart, Mark, 2015. "Measuring the impact of innovative human capital on small firms’ propensity to innovate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 965-976.
- Traore, Namatie & Rose, Antoine, 2003. "Determinants of biotechnology utilization by the Canadian industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1719-1735, December.
- Stéphanie Siron & Christian Dagenais & Valéry Ridde, 2015. "What research tells us about knowledge transfer strategies to improve public health in low-income countries: a scoping review," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 60(7), pages 849-863, November.
- Estabrooks, Carole A. & Norton, Peter & Birdsell, Judy M. & Newton, Mandi S. & Adewale, Adeniyi J. & Thornley, Richard, 2008. "Knowledge translation and research careers: Mode I and Mode II activity among health researchers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1066-1078, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:30:y:2001:i:2:p:333-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.