Does trade liberalization increase global pollution?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lopez Ramon, 1994. "The Environment as a Factor of Production: The Effects of Economic Growth and Trade Liberalization," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 163-184, September.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S. H. Yu, 2014.
"TRIMs, Environmental Taxes, and Foreign Investment,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: TRADE-RELATED INVESTMENT MEASURES Theory and Applications, chapter 3, pages 41-60
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Chi-Chur Chao & Eden S.H. Yu, 2000. "TRIMs, environmental taxes, and foreign investment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 33(3), pages 799-817, August.
- Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 1994. "North-South Trade and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 755-787.
- Kennedy Peter W., 1994. "Equilibrium Pollution Taxes in Open Economies with Imperfect Competition," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 49-63, July.
- Benchekroun, Hassan & van Long, Ngo, 1998.
"Efficiency inducing taxation for polluting oligopolists,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 325-342, November.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 1997. "Efficiency Inducing Taxation for Polluting Oligopolists," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-21, CIRANO.
- Chander, Parkash & Khan, M. Ali, 2001.
"International treaties on trade and global pollution,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 303-324, December.
- CHANDER, Parkash & KHAN, Ali, 1999. "International treaties on trade and global pollution," CORE Discussion Papers 1999003, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A, 2000. "On the Design of International Environmental Agreements for Identical and Heterogeneous Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 560-583, July.
- McGuire, Martin C., 1982. "Regulation, factor rewards, and international trade," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 335-354, April.
- Chao, Chi-Chur & Yu, Eden S.H., 2007. "Trade liberalization, foreign ownership, and the environment in a small open economy," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 471-477.
- Pethig, Rudiger, 1976. "Pollution, welfare, and environmental policy in the theory of Comparative Advantage," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 160-169, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jing Tian & Hua Liao & Ce Wang, 2015.
"Spatial–temporal variations of embodied carbon emission in global trade flows: 41 economies and 35 sectors,"
Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards,
Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 78(2), pages 1125-1144, September.
- Jing Tian & Hua Liao & Ce Wang, 2014. "Spatial-Temporal Variations of Embodied Carbon Emission in Global Trade Flows: 41 Economies and 35 Sectors," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 78, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Michaël Aklin, 2016. "Re-exploring the Trade and Environment Nexus Through the Diffusion of Pollution," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(4), pages 663-682, August.
- Erdogan, Ayse M., 2014. "Bilateral trade and the environment: A general equilibrium model based on new trade theory," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 52-71.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalization Global pollution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:33:y:2011:i:1:p:172-178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .