Exploring the effects of international tourism on China's economic growth, energy consumption and environmental pollution: Evidence from a regional panel analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Shiu, Alice & Lam, Pun-Lee, 2004. "Electricity consumption and economic growth in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 47-54, January.
- Lee, Jung Wan & Brahmasrene, Tantatape, 2013. "Investigating the influence of tourism on economic growth and carbon emissions: Evidence from panel analysis of the European Union," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 69-76.
- Elias Soukiazis & Sara Proença, 2008. "Tourism as an alternative source of regional growth in Portugal: a panel data analysis at NUTS II and III levels," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 7(1), pages 43-61, April.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Jing Gao & Lei Zhang, 2014. "Electricity Consumption–Economic Growth–CO 2 Emissions Nexus in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Cointegration," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 26(2), pages 359-371, June.
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Ilhan Ozturk & M. Aruna, 2013. "Tourism, Energy Consumption and Climate Change in OECD Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 247-261.
- Nygren, Emma & Aleklett, Kjell & Höök, Mikael, 2009. "Aviation fuel and future oil production scenarios," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 4003-4010, October.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chien, Mei-Se, 2008. "Structural breaks, tourism development, and economic growth: Evidence from Taiwan," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 77(4), pages 358-368.
- Geng, Yuhuan & Tian, Mingzhong & Zhu, Qiuan & Zhang, Jianjun & Peng, Changhui, 2011. "Quantification of provincial-level carbon emissions from energy consumption in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3658-3668.
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jing Gao & Lei Zhang, 2015. "Analysis of Air Pollution Impact Factors in China: A MIMIC Modeling Approach," Frontiers of Economics in China, Higher Education Press, vol. 10(2), pages 224-251, June.
- Salih Katircioglu, 2009. "Tourism, trade and growth: the case of Cyprus," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(21), pages 2741-2750.
- Maddala, G S & Wu, Shaowen, 1999. "A Comparative Study of Unit Root Tests with Panel Data and a New Simple Test," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 631-652, Special I.
- Becken, Susanne & Frampton, Chris & Simmons, David, 2001. "Energy consumption patterns in the accommodation sector--the New Zealand case," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 371-386, December.
- Liu, Jun & Feng, Tingting & Yang, Xi, 2011. "The energy requirements and carbon dioxide emissions of tourism industry of Western China: A case of Chengdu city," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2887-2894, August.
- Katircioglu, Salih Turan & Feridun, Mete & Kilinc, Ceyhun, 2014. "Estimating tourism-induced energy consumption and CO2 emissions: The case of Cyprus," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 634-640.
- Katircioglu, Salih Turan, 2014. "International tourism, energy consumption, and environmental pollution: The case of Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 180-187.
- Warnken, Jan & Bradley, Melanie & Guilding, Chris, 2004. "Exploring methods and practicalities of conducting sector-wide energy consumption accounting in the tourist accommodation industry," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 125-141, January.
- Wang, S.S. & Zhou, D.Q. & Zhou, P. & Wang, Q.W., 2011. "CO2 emissions, energy consumption and economic growth in China: A panel data analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4870-4875, September.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1980. "Trade Policy as an Input to Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(2), pages 288-292, May.
- Tsagarakis, Konstantinos P. & Bounialetou, Fanouria & Gillas, Konstantinos & Profylienou, Maroulitsa & Pollaki, Antrianna & Zografakis, Nikolaos, 2011. "Tourists' attitudes for selecting accommodation with investments in renewable energy and energy saving systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1335-1342, February.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Asif Khan & Sughra Bibi & Lorenzo Ardito & Jiaying Lyu & Hizar Hayat & Anas Mahmud Arif, 2020. "Revisiting the Dynamics of Tourism, Economic Growth, and Environmental Pollutants in the Emerging Economies—Sustainable Tourism Policy Implications," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(6), pages 1-23, March.
- Hanif, Imran & Faraz Raza, Syed Muhammad & Gago-de-Santos, Pilar & Abbas, Qaiser, 2019. "Fossil fuels, foreign direct investment, and economic growth have triggered CO2 emissions in emerging Asian economies: Some empirical evidence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 171(C), pages 493-501.
- Hanif, Imran, 2017. "Economics-energy-environment nexus in Latin America and the Caribbean," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 170-178.
- Fátima Calderón-Vargas & David Asmat-Campos & Anselmo Carretero-Gómez, 2019. "Sustainable Tourism and Renewable Energy: Binomial for Local Development in Cocachimba, Amazonas, Peru," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-21, September.
- Daxin Dong & Xiaowei Xu & Yat Fung Wong, 2019. "Estimating the Impact of Air Pollution on Inbound Tourism in China: An Analysis Based on Regression Discontinuity Design," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-18, March.
- Jennifer C. H. MIN & Hsien-Hung KUNG & Tsangyao CHANG, 2019. "Testing the Structural Break of Taiwan Inbound Tourism Markets," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 117-130, June.
- Zhang, Shun & Liu, Xuyi, 2019. "The roles of international tourism and renewable energy in environment: New evidence from Asian countries," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 385-394.
- Boyang Xu & Daxin Dong, 2020. "Evaluating the Impact of Air Pollution on China’s Inbound Tourism: A Gravity Model Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-21, February.
- Rashid Khan, Haroon Ur & Siddique, Muhammad & Zaman, Khalid & Yousaf, Sheikh Usman & Shoukry, Alaa Mohamd & Gani, Showkat & Sasmoko, & Khan, Aqeel & Hishan, Sanil S. & Saleem, Hummera, 2018. "The impact of air transportation, railways transportation, and port container traffic on energy demand, customs duty, and economic growth: Evidence from a panel of low-, middle-, and high -income coun," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 18-35.
- Sharif, Arshian & Saha, Shrabani & Campbell, Neil & Sinha, Avik & Ibrahiem, Dalia M., 2020. "Tourism, Environment and Energy: An Analysis for China," MPRA Paper 99985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Azam, Muhammad & Alam, Md. Mahmudul & Hafeez, Muhammad Haroon, 2019. "Tourism and environmental quality nexus: Further evidence from Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand," SocArXiv 6ze5m, Center for Open Science.
- Dogan, Eyup & Aslan, Alper, 2017. "Exploring the relationship among CO2 emissions, real GDP, energy consumption and tourism in the EU and candidate countries: Evidence from panel models robust to heterogeneity and cross-sectional depen," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 239-245.
- Hanif, Imran & Aziz, Babar & Chaudhry, Imran Sharif, 2019. "Carbon emissions across the spectrum of renewable and nonrenewable energy use in developing economies of Asia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C), pages 586-595.
- Abbas Ali Chandio & Yuansheng Jiang & Abdul Rauf & Amir Ali Mirani & Rashid Usman Shar & Fayyaz Ahmad & Khurram Shehzad, 2019. "Does Energy-Growth and Environment Quality Matter for Agriculture Sector in Pakistan or not? An Application of Cointegration Approach," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(10), pages 1-17, May.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism; Energy consumption; Economic growth; CO2 emissions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:53:y:2016:i:c:p:225-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.