Energy use embodied in China׳s construction industry: A multi-regional input–output analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chang, Yuan & Ries, Robert J. & Wang, Yaowu, 2011. "The quantification of the embodied impacts of construction projects on energy, environment, and society based on I-O LCA," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6321-6330, October.
- Weber, Christopher L. & Peters, Glen P. & Guan, Dabo & Hubacek, Klaus, 2008. "The contribution of Chinese exports to climate change," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 3572-3577, September.
- McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim & Turner, Karen, 2008. "The CO2 'trade balance' between Scotland and the rest of the UK: Performing a multi-region environmental input-output analysis with limited data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 662-673, July.
- Manfred Lenzen & Lise-Lotte Pade & Jesper Munksgaard, 2004. "CO2 Multipliers in Multi-region Input-Output Models," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 391-412.
- Chang, Yuan & Ries, Robert J. & Wang, Yaowu, 2013. "Life-cycle energy of residential buildings in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 656-664.
- Su, Bin & Ang, B.W., 2014. "Input–output analysis of CO2 emissions embodied in trade: A multi-region model for China," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 377-384.
- Liu, Zhu & Geng, Yong & Lindner, Soeren & Guan, Dabo, 2012.
"Uncovering China’s greenhouse gas emission from regional and sectoral perspectives,"
Energy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1059-1068.
- Zhu Liu & Yong Geng & Dabo Guan & Soeren Linder, "undated". "Uncovering China?s greenhouse gas emission from regional and sectoral perspectives," Working Paper 105346, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Maenpaa, Ilmo & Siikavirta, Hanne, 2007. "Greenhouse gases embodied in the international trade and final consumption of Finland: An input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 128-143, January.
- Meng, Lei & Guo, Ju'e & Chai, Jian & Zhang, Zengkai, 2011. "China's regional CO2 emissions: Characteristics, inter-regional transfer and emission reduction policies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6136-6144, October.
- Chen, T.Y & Burnett, J & Chau, C.K, 2001. "Analysis of embodied energy use in the residential building of Hong Kong," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 323-340.
- Zhang, Bo & Chen, Z.M. & Xia, X.H. & Xu, X.Y. & Chen, Y.B., 2013. "The impact of domestic trade on China's regional energy uses: A multi-regional input–output modeling," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1169-1181.
- Wiedmann, Thomas, 2009. "A review of recent multi-region input-output models used for consumption-based emission and resource accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 211-222, December.
- Liang, Qiao-Mei & Fan, Ying & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Multi-regional input-output model for regional energy requirements and CO2 emissions in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1685-1700, March.
- Wiedmann, Thomas & Lenzen, Manfred & Turner, Karen & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 2: Review of input-output models for the assessment of environmental impacts embodied in trade," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 15-26, February.
- Chen, Z.M. & Chen, G.Q., 2011. "An overview of energy consumption of the globalized world economy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 5920-5928, October.
- Satoshi Nakano & Asako Okamura & Norihisa Sakurai & Masayuki Suzuki & Yoshiaki Tojo & Norihiko Yamano, 2009. "The Measurement of CO2 Embodiments in International Trade: Evidence from the Harmonised Input-Output and Bilateral Trade Database," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2009/3, OECD Publishing.
- Guo, Ju’e & Zhang, Zengkai & Meng, Lei, 2012. "China’s provincial CO2 emissions embodied in international and interprovincial trade," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 486-497.
- Su, Bin & Ang, B.W., 2013. "Input–output analysis of CO2 emissions embodied in trade: Competitive versus non-competitive imports," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 83-87.
- Chang, Yuan & Ries, Robert J. & Wang, Yaowu, 2010. "The embodied energy and environmental emissions of construction projects in China: An economic input-output LCA model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6597-6603, November.
- Lenzen, Manfred & Dey, Christopher & Foran, Barney, 2004. "Energy requirements of Sydney households," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 375-399, July.
- Nadim Ahmad & Andrew Wyckoff, 2003. "Carbon Dioxide Emissions Embodied in International Trade of Goods," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2003/15, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rocco, Matteo V. & Forcada Ferrer, Rafael J. & Colombo, Emanuela, 2018. "Understanding the energy metabolism of World economies through the joint use of Production- and Consumption-based energy accountings," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 211(C), pages 590-603.
- Hong, Jingke & Shen, Qiping & Xue, Fan, 2016. "A multi-regional structural path analysis of the energy supply chain in China's construction industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 56-68.
- Ma, Le & Hosseini, M. Reza & Jiang, Weiling & Martek, Igor & Mills, Anthony, 2018. "Energy productivity convergence within the Australian construction industry: A panel data study," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 313-320.
- Hong, Jingke & Gu, Jianping & Liang, Xin & Liu, Guiwen & Shen, Geoffrey Qiping & Tang, Miaohan, 2019. "Spatiotemporal investigation of energy network patterns of agglomeration economies in China: Province-level evidence," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 187(C).
- Tang, Miaohan & Hong, Jingke & Liu, Guiwen & Shen, Geoffrey Qiping, 2019. "Exploring energy flows embodied in China's economy from the regional and sectoral perspectives via combination of multi-regional input–output analysis and a complex network approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 170(C), pages 1191-1201.
- Liu, Bin & Zhang, Lei & Sun, Jide & Wang, Dedong & Liu, Chunlu & Luther, Mark & Xu, Youquan, 2020. "Analysis and comparison of embodied energies in gross exports of the construction sector by means of their value-added origins," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C).
- Lai, Xiaodong & Liu, Jixian & Shi, Qian & Georgiev, Georgi & Wu, Guangdong, 2017. "Driving forces for low carbon technology innovation in the building industry: A critical review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 299-315.
- Wu, X.F. & Chen, G.Q., 2017. "Energy use by Chinese economy: A systems cross-scale input-output analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 81-90.
- Sun, Xudong & Li, Jiashuo & Qiao, Han & Zhang, Bo, 2017. "Energy implications of China's regional development: New insights from multi-regional input-output analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 196(C), pages 118-131.
- Yingjian, Li & Abakr, Yousif A. & Qi, Qiu & Xinkui, You & Jiping, Zhou, 2016. "Energy efficiency assessment of fixed asset investment projects – A case study of a Shenzhen combined-cycle power plant," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 1195-1208.
- Zhang, Yang & Yan, Da & Hu, Shan & Guo, Siyue, 2019. "Modelling of energy consumption and carbon emission from the building construction sector in China, a process-based LCA approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Bai, Hongtao & Feng, Xiangyu & Hou, Huimin & He, Gang & Dong, Yan & Xu, He, 2018. "Mapping inter-industrial CO2 flows within China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 400-408.
- Gao, Cuixia & Su, Bin & Sun, Mei & Zhang, Xiaoling & Zhang, Zhonghua, 2018. "Interprovincial transfer of embodied primary energy in China: A complex network approach," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 792-807.
- Ma, Jia-Jun & Du, Gang & Xie, Bai-Chen, 2019. "CO2 emission changes of China's power generation system: Input-output subsystem analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 1-12.
- Geng, Aixin & Yang, Hongqiang & Chen, Jiaxin & Hong, Yinxing, 2017. "Review of carbon storage function of harvested wood products and the potential of wood substitution in greenhouse gas mitigation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(P1), pages 192-200.
- Nakano, Satoshi & Arai, Sonoe & Washizu, Ayu, 2018. "Development and application of an inter-regional input-output table for analysis of a next generation energy system," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 82(P3), pages 2834-2842.
- Liu, Li-Jing & Liang, Qiao-Mei & Creutzig, Felix & Ward, Hauke & Zhang, Kun, 2020. "Sweet spots are in the food system: Structural adjustments to co-control regional pollutants and national GHG emissions in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 171(C).
- Tian, Xu & Chen, Bin & Geng, Yong & Zhong, Shaozhuo & Gao, Cuixia & Wilson, Jeffrey & Cui, Xiaowei & Dou, Yi, 2019. "Energy footprint pathways of China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 330-340.
- Wen, Quan & Hong, Jingke & Liu, Guiwen & Xu, Pengpeng & Tang, Miaohan & Li, Zhongfu, 2020. "Regional efficiency disparities in China’s construction sector: A combination of multiregional input–output and data envelopment analyses," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 257(C).
- Zhang, Bo & Qu, Xue & Meng, Jing & Sun, Xudong, 2017. "Identifying primary energy requirements in structural path analysis: A case study of China 2012," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 425-435.
- Dixit, Manish K., 2017. "Embodied energy analysis of building materials: An improved IO-based hybrid method using sectoral disaggregation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 46-58.
- Guo, Shan & Zheng, Shupeng & Hu, Yunhao & Hong, Jingke & Wu, Xiaofang & Tang, Miaohan, 2019. "Embodied energy use in the global construction industry," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 256(C).
More about this item
KeywordsEmbodied energy; Construction industry; Multi-regional; Input–output model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:53:y:2016:i:c:p:1303-1312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.