Energy saving latent heat storage and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor climate
This paper reviews the development and application of energy saving latent heat storage phase change materials (PCMs) and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor thermal management and humidity control. Based on the studies reported in the literatures, we indicated that the super-efficient and innovative micro-encapsulated form-stable composite PCM and humidity-controlled materials with high moisture absorption and desorption capacity and intelligent self-humidity-control and related key techniques are worth to be expected.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 16 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Cost-benefit analysis of implementing minimum energy efficiency standards for household refrigerator-freezers in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1819-1824, November.
- Cai, W.G. & Wu, Y. & Zhong, Y. & Ren, H., 2009. "China building energy consumption: Situation, challenges and corresponding measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2054-2059, June.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & Virgone, Joseph & Johannes, Kevyn, 2011. "In-situ study of thermal comfort enhancement in a renovated building equipped with phase change material wallboard," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1458-1462.
- Jegadheeswaran, S. & Pohekar, Sanjay D., 2009. "Performance enhancement in latent heat thermal storage system: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2225-2244, December.
- Stritih, U. & Novak, P., 1996. "Solar heat storage wall for building ventilation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 268-271.
- Kim, Hyung Chul & Keoleian, Gregory A. & Horie, Yuhta A., 2006. "Optimal household refrigerator replacement policy for life cycle energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and cost," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2310-2323, October.
- Verma, Prashant & Varun & Singal, S.K., 2008. "Review of mathematical modeling on latent heat thermal energy storage systems using phase-change material," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 999-1031, May.
- Wojdyga, K., 2009. "An investigation into the heat consumption in a low-energy building," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2935-2939.
- Agyenim, Francis & Hewitt, Neil & Eames, Philip & Smyth, Mervyn, 2010. "A review of materials, heat transfer and phase change problem formulation for latent heat thermal energy storage systems (LHTESS)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 615-628, February.
- Tyagi, Vineet Veer & Buddhi, D., 2007. "PCM thermal storage in buildings: A state of art," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1146-1166, August.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & Virgone, Joseph, 2009. "Experimental assessment of a phase change material for wall building use," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2038-2046, October.
- Zhou, Guobing & Zhang, Yinping & Zhang, Qunli & Lin, Kunping & Di, Hongfa, 2007. "Performance of a hybrid heating system with thermal storage using shape-stabilized phase-change material plates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(10), pages 1068-1077, October.
- Sharma, Atul & Tyagi, V.V. & Chen, C.R. & Buddhi, D., 2009. "Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 318-345, February.
- Rosiek, S. & Batlles, F.J., 2009. "Integration of the solar thermal energy in the construction: Analysis of the solar-assisted air-conditioning system installed in CIESOL building," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1423-1431.
- Pasupathy, A. & Velraj, R. & Seeniraj, R.V., 2008. "Phase change material-based building architecture for thermal management in residential and commercial establishments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-64, January.
- Tyagi, V.V. & Kaushik, S.C. & Tyagi, S.K. & Akiyama, T., 2011. "Development of phase change materials based microencapsulated technology for buildings: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1373-1391, February.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & David, Damien & Johannes, Kevyn & Roux, Jean-Jacques, 2011. "A review on phase change materials integrated in building walls," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 379-391, January.
- Nikolaidis, Yiannis & Pilavachi, Petros A. & Chletsis, Alexandros, 2009. "Economic evaluation of energy saving measures in a common type of Greek building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2550-2559, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:5:p:3136-3145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.