Energy saving latent heat storage and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor climate
This paper reviews the development and application of energy saving latent heat storage phase change materials (PCMs) and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor thermal management and humidity control. Based on the studies reported in the literatures, we indicated that the super-efficient and innovative micro-encapsulated form-stable composite PCM and humidity-controlled materials with high moisture absorption and desorption capacity and intelligent self-humidity-control and related key techniques are worth to be expected.
Volume (Year): 16 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tyagi, Vineet Veer & Buddhi, D., 2007. "PCM thermal storage in buildings: A state of art," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1146-1166, August.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & David, Damien & Johannes, Kevyn & Roux, Jean-Jacques, 2011. "A review on phase change materials integrated in building walls," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 379-391, January.
- Verma, Prashant & Varun & Singal, S.K., 2008. "Review of mathematical modeling on latent heat thermal energy storage systems using phase-change material," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 999-1031, May.
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Cost-benefit analysis of implementing minimum energy efficiency standards for household refrigerator-freezers in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1819-1824, November.
- Cai, W.G. & Wu, Y. & Zhong, Y. & Ren, H., 2009. "China building energy consumption: Situation, challenges and corresponding measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2054-2059, June.
- Kim, Hyung Chul & Keoleian, Gregory A. & Horie, Yuhta A., 2006. "Optimal household refrigerator replacement policy for life cycle energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and cost," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2310-2323, October.
- Pasupathy, A. & Velraj, R. & Seeniraj, R.V., 2008. "Phase change material-based building architecture for thermal management in residential and commercial establishments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-64, January.
- Nikolaidis, Yiannis & Pilavachi, Petros A. & Chletsis, Alexandros, 2009. "Economic evaluation of energy saving measures in a common type of Greek building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2550-2559, December.
- Wojdyga, K., 2009. "An investigation into the heat consumption in a low-energy building," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2935-2939.
- Zhou, Guobing & Zhang, Yinping & Zhang, Qunli & Lin, Kunping & Di, Hongfa, 2007. "Performance of a hybrid heating system with thermal storage using shape-stabilized phase-change material plates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(10), pages 1068-1077, October.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & Virgone, Joseph & Johannes, Kevyn, 2011. "In-situ study of thermal comfort enhancement in a renovated building equipped with phase change material wallboard," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1458-1462.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & Virgone, Joseph, 2009. "Experimental assessment of a phase change material for wall building use," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2038-2046, October.
- Rosiek, S. & Batlles, F.J., 2009. "Integration of the solar thermal energy in the construction: Analysis of the solar-assisted air-conditioning system installed in CIESOL building," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1423-1431.
- Tyagi, V.V. & Kaushik, S.C. & Tyagi, S.K. & Akiyama, T., 2011. "Development of phase change materials based microencapsulated technology for buildings: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1373-1391, February.
- Stritih, U. & Novak, P., 1996. "Solar heat storage wall for building ventilation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 268-271.
- Jegadheeswaran, S. & Pohekar, Sanjay D., 2009. "Performance enhancement in latent heat thermal storage system: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2225-2244, December.
- Agyenim, Francis & Hewitt, Neil & Eames, Philip & Smyth, Mervyn, 2010. "A review of materials, heat transfer and phase change problem formulation for latent heat thermal energy storage systems (LHTESS)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 615-628, February.
- Sharma, Atul & Tyagi, V.V. & Chen, C.R. & Buddhi, D., 2009. "Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 318-345, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:16:y:2012:i:5:p:3136-3145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.