Environmental impact of wind energy
Since the beginning of industrialization, energy consumption has increased far more rapidly than the number of people on the planet. It is known that the consumption of energy is amazingly high and the fossil based resources may not be able to provide energy for the whole world as these resources will be used up in the near future. Hence, renewable energy expected to play an important role in handling the demand of the energy required along with environmental pollution prevention. The impacts of the wind energy on the environment are important to be studied before any wind firm construction or a decision is made. Although many countries showing great interest towards renewable or green energy generation, negative perception of wind energy is increasingly evident that may prevent the installation of the wind energy in some countries. This paper compiled latest literatures in terms of thesis (MS and PhD), journal articles, conference proceedings, reports, books, and web materials about the environmental impacts of wind energy. This paper also includes the comparative study of wind energy, problems, solutions and suggestion as a result of the implementation of wind turbine. Positive and negative impacts of wind energy have been broadly explained as well. It has been found that this source of energy will reduce environmental pollution and water consumption. However, it has noise pollution, visual interference and negative impacts on wildlife.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2008.
"Asian Energy and Environmental Policy: Promoting Growth While Preserving the Environment,"
12224, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, ZhongXiang, 2008. "Asian energy and environmental policy: Promoting growth while preserving the environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 3905-3924, October.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K., 2009. "Contextualizing avian mortality: A preliminary appraisal of bird and bat fatalities from wind, fossil-fuel, and nuclear electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2241-2248, June.
- Varun & Prakash, Ravi & Bhat, Inder Krishnan, 2009. "Energy, economics and environmental impacts of renewable energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2716-2721, December.
- Dharm P.S. Bhawuk, 2009. "Intercultural Communication in a Dynamic Environment," Psychology and Developing Societies, Centre of Advanced Studies in Psychology, vol. 21(2), pages 161-181, July.
- Crawford, R.H., 2009. "Life cycle energy and greenhouse emissions analysis of wind turbines and the effect of size on energy yield," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2653-2660, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:15:y:2011:i:5:p:2423-2430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.