Cost reductions for offshore wind power: Exploring the balance between scaling, learning and R&D
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- McDonald, Alan & Schrattenholzer, Leo, 2001. "Learning rates for energy technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 255-261, March.
- Snyder, Brian & Kaiser, Mark J., 2009. "A comparison of offshore wind power development in europe and the U.S.: Patterns and drivers of development," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 1845-1856, October.
- Ferioli, F. & Schoots, K. & van der Zwaan, B.C.C., 2009. "Use and limitations of learning curves for energy technology policy: A component-learning hypothesis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2525-2535, July.
- Smit, Thijs & Junginger, Martin & Smits, Ruud, 2007. "Technological learning in offshore wind energy: Different roles of the government," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 6431-6444, December.
- Snyder, Brian & Kaiser, Mark J., 2009. "Ecological and economic cost-benefit analysis of offshore wind energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1567-1578.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ederer, Nikolaus, 2015. "Evaluating capital and operating cost efficiency of offshore wind farms: A DEA approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1034-1046.
- Levi, Peter G. & Pollitt, Michael G., 2015.
"Cost trajectories of low carbon electricity generation technologies in the UK: A study of cost uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 48-59.
- Peter G. Levi & Michael G. Pollitt, 2015. "Cost trajectories of low carbon electricity generation technologies in the UK: A study of cost uncertainty," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1506, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Wei, Max & Smith, Sarah J. & Sohn, Michael D., 2017. "Experience curve development and cost reduction disaggregation for fuel cell markets in Japan and the US," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 191(C), pages 346-357.
- Wüstemeyer, Christoph & Madlener, Reinhard & Bunn, Derek W., 2015. "A stakeholder analysis of divergent supply-chain trends for the European onshore and offshore wind installations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 36-44.
- Lion Hirth, 2015.
"The Optimal Share of Variable Renewables: How the Variability of Wind and Solar Power affects their Welfare-optimal Deployment,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Lion Hirth, 2013. "The Optimal Share of Variable Renewables. How the Variability of Wind and Solar Power Affects their Welfare-optimal Deployment," Working Papers 2013.90, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Zountouridou, E.I. & Kiokes, G.C. & Chakalis, S. & Georgilakis, P.S. & Hatziargyriou, N.D., 2015. "Offshore floating wind parks in the deep waters of Mediterranean Sea," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 433-448.
- Voormolen, J.A. & Junginger, H.M. & van Sark, W.G.J.H.M., 2016. "Unravelling historical cost developments of offshore wind energy in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 435-444.
- Sascha Samadi, 2016. "A Review of Factors Influencing the Cost Development of Electricity Generation Technologies," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-25, November.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:82:y:2018:i:p3:p:2346-2364 is not listed on IDEAS
- Madariaga, A. & de Alegría, I. Martínez & Martín, J.L. & Eguía, P. & Ceballos, S., 2012. "Current facts about offshore wind farms," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 3105-3116.
- Enevoldsen, Peter, 2016. "Onshore wind energy in Northern European forests: Reviewing the risks," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1251-1262.
- Gernaat, David E.H.J. & Van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Van Vliet, Jasper & Sullivan, Patrick & Arent, Douglas J., 2014. "Global long-term cost dynamics of offshore wind electricity generation," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 663-672.
- Schwanitz, Valeria Jana & Wierling, August, 2016. "Offshore wind investments – Realism about cost developments is necessary," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 170-181.
- Schmitz, Matthias & Madlener, Reinhard, 2012. "Economic Feasibility of Kite-Based Wind Energy Powerships with CAES or Hydrogen Storage," FCN Working Papers 16/2012, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Marisa Beck, Randall Wigle, 2014. "Carbon Revenue: Recycling versus Technological Incentives," LCERPA Working Papers 0079, Laurier Centre for Economic Research and Policy Analysis, revised 13 Jan 2014.
- Felix Groba & Barbara Breitschopf, 2013. "Impact of Renewable Energy Policy and Use on Innovation: A Literature Review," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1318, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Zhao, Xin-gang & Ren, Ling-zhi, 2015. "Focus on the development of offshore wind power in China: Has the golden period come?," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 644-657.
More about this item
KeywordsOffshore wind energy; Cost developments; Commodity prices; Economies-of-scale; Learning-by-doing; Learning-by-searching;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:41:y:2012:i:c:p:389-393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.