Integrating spent coffee grounds and silver skin as biofuels using torrefaction
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Prins, Mark J. & Ptasinski, Krzysztof J. & Janssen, Frans J.J.G., 2006. "More efficient biomass gasification via torrefaction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 3458-3470.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Kuo, Po-Chih, 2010. "A study on torrefaction of various biomass materials and its impact on lignocellulosic structure simulated by a thermogravimetry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 2580-2586.
- Li, Hui & Liu, Xinhua & Legros, Robert & Bi, Xiaotao T. & Jim Lim, C. & Sokhansanj, Shahab, 2012. "Pelletization of torrefied sawdust and properties of torrefied pellets," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 680-685.
- Niu, Yanqing & Lv, Yuan & Lei, Yu & Liu, Siqi & Liang, Yang & Wang, Denghui & Hui, Shi'en, 2019. "Biomass torrefaction: properties, applications, challenges, and economy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 115(C).
- Kang, Sae Byul & Oh, Hong Young & Kim, Jong Jin & Choi, Kyu Sung, 2017. "Characteristics of spent coffee ground as a fuel and combustion test in a small boiler (6.5 kW)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1208-1214.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Lu, Ke-Miao & Tsai, Chi-Ming, 2012. "An experimental analysis on property and structure variations of agricultural wastes undergoing torrefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 318-325.
- Christoforou, Elias A. & Fokaides, Paris A., 2016. "Life cycle assessment (LCA) of olive husk torrefaction," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 257-266.
- Chiang, Kung-Yuh & Chien, Kuang-Li & Lu, Cheng-Han, 2012. "Characterization and comparison of biomass produced from various sources: Suggestions for selection of pretreatment technologies in biomass-to-energy," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 164-171.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mendoza Martinez, Clara Lisseth & Saari, Jussi & Melo, Yara & Cardoso, Marcelo & de Almeida, Gustavo Matheus & Vakkilainen, Esa, 2021. "Evaluation of thermochemical routes for the valorization of solid coffee residues to produce biofuels: A Brazilian case," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Kacper Świechowski & Martyna Hnat & Paweł Stępień & Sylwia Stegenta-Dąbrowska & Szymon Kugler & Jacek A. Koziel & Andrzej Białowiec, 2020. "Waste to Energy: Solid Fuel Production from Biogas Plant Digestate and Sewage Sludge by Torrefaction-Process Kinetics, Fuel Properties, and Energy Balance," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(12), pages 1-31, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Batidzirai, B. & Mignot, A.P.R. & Schakel, W.B. & Junginger, H.M. & Faaij, A.P.C., 2013. "Biomass torrefaction technology: Techno-economic status and future prospects," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 196-214.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Kuo, Po-Chih & Liu, Shih-Hsien & Wu, Wei, 2014. "Thermal characterization of oil palm fiber and eucalyptus in torrefaction," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 40-48.
- Tran, Khanh-Quang & Luo, Xun & Seisenbaeva, Gulaim & Jirjis, Raida, 2013. "Stump torrefaction for bioenergy application," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 539-546.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Peng, Jianghong & Bi, Xiaotao T., 2015. "A state-of-the-art review of biomass torrefaction, densification and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 847-866.
- Huang, Yu-Fong & Cheng, Pei-Hsin & Chiueh, Pei-Te & Lo, Shang-Lien, 2017. "Leucaena biochar produced by microwave torrefaction: Fuel properties and energy efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 204(C), pages 1018-1025.
- Volpe, Roberto & Messineo, Antonio & Millan, Marcos & Volpe, Maurizio & Kandiyoti, Rafael, 2015. "Assessment of olive wastes as energy source: pyrolysis, torrefaction and the key role of H loss in thermal breakdown," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 119-127.
- Huang, Yu-Fong & Shih, Chun-Hao & Chiueh, Pei-Te & Lo, Shang-Lien, 2015. "Microwave co-pyrolysis of sewage sludge and rice straw," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 638-644.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Chen, Chih-Jung & Hung, Chen-I & Shen, Cheng-Hsien & Hsu, Heng-Wen, 2013. "A comparison of gasification phenomena among raw biomass, torrefied biomass and coal in an entrained-flow reactor," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 421-430.
- María Pilar González-Vázquez & Roberto García & Covadonga Pevida & Fernando Rubiera, 2017. "Optimization of a Bubbling Fluidized Bed Plant for Low-Temperature Gasification of Biomass," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(3), pages 1-16, March.
- Li, Jie & Pan, Lanjia & Suvarna, Manu & Tong, Yen Wah & Wang, Xiaonan, 2020. "Fuel properties of hydrochar and pyrochar: Prediction and exploration with machine learning," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 269(C).
- Ping Wang & Bret H. Howard, 2017. "Impact of Thermal Pretreatment Temperatures on Woody Biomass Chemical Composition, Physical Properties and Microstructure," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Ghiasi, Bahman & Kumar, Linoj & Furubayashi, Takaaki & Lim, C. Jim & Bi, Xiaotao & Kim, Chang Soo & Sokhansanj, Shahab, 2014. "Densified biocoal from woodchips: Is it better to do torrefaction before or after densification?," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 133-142.
- Singh, Rishikesh Kumar & Sarkar, Arnab & Chakraborty, Jyoti Prasad, 2020. "Effect of torrefaction on the physicochemical properties of eucalyptus derived biofuels: estimation of kinetic parameters and optimizing torrefaction using response surface methodology (RSM)," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 198(C).
- Safar, Michal & Lin, Bo-Jhih & Chen, Wei-Hsin & Langauer, David & Chang, Jo-Shu & Raclavska, H. & Pétrissans, Anélie & Rousset, Patrick & Pétrissans, Mathieu, 2019. "Catalytic effects of potassium on biomass pyrolysis, combustion and torrefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 235(C), pages 346-355.
- Granados, D.A. & Velásquez, H.I. & Chejne, F., 2014. "Energetic and exergetic evaluation of residual biomass in a torrefaction process," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 181-189.
- Gouws, S.M. & Carrier, M. & Bunt, J.R. & Neomagus, H.W.J.P., 2021. "Co-pyrolysis of coal and raw/torrefied biomass: A review on chemistry, kinetics and implementation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Anthony Ike Anukam & Jonas Berghel & Stefan Frodeson & Elizabeth Bosede Famewo & Pardon Nyamukamba, 2019. "Characterization of Pure and Blended Pellets Made from Norway Spruce and Pea Starch: A Comparative Study of Bonding Mechanism Relevant to Quality," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(23), pages 1-22, November.
- Rudolfsson, Magnus & Stelte, Wolfgang & Lestander, Torbjörn A., 2015. "Process optimization of combined biomass torrefaction and pelletization for fuel pellet production – A parametric study," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 378-384.
- Chen, Wei-Hsin & Liu, Shih-Hsien & Juang, Tarng-Tzuen & Tsai, Chi-Ming & Zhuang, Yi-Qing, 2015. "Characterization of solid and liquid products from bamboo torrefaction," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 829-835.
- Yang, Yang & Sun, Mingman & Zhang, Meng & Zhang, Ke & Wang, Donghai & Lei, Catherine, 2019. "A fundamental research on synchronized torrefaction and pelleting of biomass," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 142(C), pages 668-676.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel; Coffee; Pelletization; Silver skin; Spent coffee grounds; Torrefaction;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:148:y:2020:i:c:p:275-283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.