Investigation of heat transfer augmentation and friction factor in triangular duct solar air heater due to forward facing chamfered rectangular ribs: A CFD based analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alam, Tabish & Kim, Man-Hoe, 2016. "Numerical study on thermal hydraulic performance improvement in solar air heater duct with semi ellipse shaped obstacles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 588-598.
- Kumar, Rajneesh & Varun, & Kumar, Anoop, 2016. "Thermal and fluid dynamic characteristics of flow through triangular cross-sectional duct: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 123-140.
- Yadav, Anil Singh & Bhagoria, J.L., 2013. "Heat transfer and fluid flow analysis of solar air heater: A review of CFD approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 60-79.
- Chaube, Alok & Sahoo, P.K. & Solanki, S.C., 2006. "Analysis of heat transfer augmentation and flow characteristics due to rib roughness over absorber plate of a solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 317-331.
- Bhushan, Brij & Singh, Ranjit, 2010. "A review on methodology of artificial roughness used in duct of solar air heaters," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 202-212.
- Singh, Sukhmeet & Singh, Bikramjit & Hans, V.S. & Gill, R.S., 2015. "CFD (computational fluid dynamics) investigation on Nusselt number and friction factor of solar air heater duct roughened with non-uniform cross-section transverse rib," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 509-517.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sivakandhan, C. & Arjunan, T.V. & Matheswaran, M.M., 2020. "Thermohydraulic performance enhancement of a new hybrid duct solar air heater with inclined rib roughness," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 147(P1), pages 2345-2357.
- Varun Kumar B. & G. Manikandan & P. Rajesh Kanna & Dawid Taler & Jan Taler & Marzena Nowak-Ocłoń & Karol Mzyk & Hoong Thiam Toh, 2018. "A Performance Evaluation of a Solar Air Heater Using Different Shaped Ribs Mounted on the Absorber Plate—A Review," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-20, November.
- Das, Biplab & Mondol, Jayanta Deb & Debnath, Suman & Pugsley, Adrian & Smyth, Mervyn & Zacharopoulos, A., 2020. "Effect of the absorber surface roughness on the performance of a solar air collector: An experimental investigation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 567-578.
- Jin, Dongxu & Quan, Shenglin & Zuo, Jianguo & Xu, Shiming, 2019. "Numerical investigation of heat transfer enhancement in a solar air heater roughened by multiple V-shaped ribs," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 78-88.
- Afshari, Faraz & Sözen, Adnan & Khanlari, Ataollah & Tuncer, Azim Doğuş & Şirin, Ceylin, 2020. "Effect of turbulator modifications on the thermal performance of cost-effective alternative solar air heater," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 297-310.
- Nidhul, Kottayat & Kumar, Sachin & Yadav, Ajay Kumar & Anish, S., 2020. "Enhanced thermo-hydraulic performance in a V-ribbed triangular duct solar air heater: CFD and exergy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 200(C).
More about this item
KeywordsRib roughened absorber plate; Forward facing chamfered rib elements; Nusselt number enhancement; Friction penalty; Correlations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:824-835. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.