Structural stability and evolution of urban systems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Papageorgiou, Yorgo Y & Smith, Terrence R, 1983. "Agglomeration as Local Instability of Spatially Uniform Steady-States," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1109-1119, July.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Mori, Tomoya, 1996. "The role of ports in the making of major cities: Self-agglomeration and hub-effect," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 93-120, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gilles Duranton, 1997. "La nouvelle économie géographique : agglomération et dispersion," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 131(5), pages 1-24.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2004.
"Micro-foundations of urban agglomeration economies,"
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: J. V. Henderson & J. F. Thisse (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 48, pages 2063-2117,
- Giles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2003. "Micro-Foundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," NBER Working Papers 9931, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Duranton, Gilles & Puga, Diego, 2003. "Microfoundations of Urban Agglomeration Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 4062, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koji Nishikimi & Ikuo Kuroiwa, 2011. "Analytical Framework for East Asian Integration (2): Evolution of Industrial Location and Regional Disparity," Chapters, in: Masahisa Fujita & Ikuo Kuroiwa & Satoru Kumagai (ed.), The Economics of East Asian Integration, chapter 3, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lall, Somik V. & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Business environment, clustering, and industry location : evidence from Indian cities," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3675, The World Bank.
- Bottasso, Anna & Conti, Maurizio & Ferrari, Claudio & Tei, Alessio, 2014. "Ports and regional development: A spatial analysis on a panel of European regions," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 44-55.
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011.
"New Economic Geography: The Role of Transport Costs,"
Chapters, in: André de Palma & Robin Lindsey & Emile Quinet & Roger Vickerman (ed.), A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 4,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- LAFOURCADE, Miren & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2011. "New economic geography: the role of transport costs," LIDAM Reprints CORE 2368, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "New Economic Geography: The Role of Transport Costs," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) halshs-00754799, HAL.
- Miren Lafourcade & Jacques-François Thisse, 2011. "New Economic Geography: The Role of Transport Costs," Post-Print halshs-00754799, HAL.
- Jordan Rappaport & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 2001. "The U.S. as a coastal nation," Research Working Paper RWP 01-11, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Zhao, Qianyu & Xu, Hang & Wall, Ronald S & Stavropoulos, Spyridon, 2017. "Building a bridge between port and city: Improving the urban competitiveness of port cities," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 120-133.
- Behrens, Kristian, 2007.
"On the location and lock-in of cities: Geography vs transportation technology,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 22-45, January.
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2004. "On the location and ‘lock-in’ of cities : geography vs. transportation technology," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2004044, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- BEHRENS, Kristian, 2007. "On the location and lock-in of cities: geography vs transportation technology," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1948, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- G Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1997. "Agglomeration in a global Economy: A Survey," CEP Discussion Papers dp0356, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tsekeris, Theodore, 2016. "Interregional trade network analysis for road freight transport in Greece," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 132-148.
- Kyriakopoulou , Efthymia & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2014.
"Atmospheric Pollution in Rapidly Growing Urban Centers: Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns,"
Working Papers in Economics
601, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Efthymia Kyriakopoulou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2014. "Atmospheric Pollution in Rapidly Growing Urban Centers: Spatial Policies and Land Use Patterns," DEOS Working Papers 1407, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Chincarini, Ludwig & Asherie, Neer, 2008. "An analytical model for the formation of economic clusters," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 252-270, May.
- Camacho, Carmen & Pérez-Barahona, Agustín, 2015.
"Land use dynamics and the environment,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 96-118.
- Carmen Camacho & AgustÃn PÃ©rez-Barahona, 2012. "Land use dynamics and the environment," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12012, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Carmen Camacho & Agustin Perez Barahona, 2015. "Land Use Dynamics and the Environment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01161661, HAL.
- Carmen Camacho & Agustín Pérez-Barahona, 2014. "Land use dynamics and the environment," Working Papers hal-01074190, HAL.
- Carmen Camacho & Agustín Pérez-Barahona, 2012. "Land use dynamics and the environment," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00674020, HAL.
- Theodore Tsekeris & Klimis Vogiatzoglou, 2014. "Public infrastructure investments and regional specialization: empirical evidence from Greece," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(3), pages 265-289, August.
- Marco Percoco, 2014.
"Path dependence, institutions and the density of economic activities: Evidence from Italian cities,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 53-76, March.
- Marco Percoco, 2010. "Path Dependence, Institutions and the Density of Economic Activities: Evidence from Italian Cities," Working Papers 2010.110, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kim, Ho Yeon, 2012. "Shrinking population and the urban hierarchy," IDE Discussion Papers 360, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- W.A. Brock & A. Xepapadeas & A.N. Yannacopoulos, 2014.
"Optimal Control in Space and Time and the Management of Environmental Resources,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 33-68, October.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2014. "Optimal Control in Space and Time and the Management of Environmental Resources," DEOS Working Papers 1402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Wouter Jacobs, 2014. "Rotterdam and Amsterdam as Trading Places? In Search of the Economic-Geographical Nexus between Global Commodity Chains and World Cities," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(4), pages 483-491, September.
- Pokharel, Ramesh & Bertolini, Luca & te Brömmelstroet, Marco & Acharya, Surya Raj, 2021. "Spatio-temporal evolution of cities and regional economic development in Nepal: Does transport infrastructure matter?," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 90(C).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:27:y:1997:i:4-5:p:399-442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.