Variance swaps, non-normality and macroeconomic and financial risks
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bollerslev, Tim & Gibson, Michael & Zhou, Hao, 2011.
"Dynamic estimation of volatility risk premia and investor risk aversion from option-implied and realized volatilities,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 160(1), pages 235-245, January.
- Hao Zhou & Tim Bollerslev & Michael S. Gibson, 2005. "Dynamic estimation of volatility risk premia and investor risk aversion from option-implied and realized volatilities," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tim Bollerslev & Michael S. Gibson & Hao Zhou, 2004. "Dynamic estimation of volatility risk premia and investor risk aversion from option-implied and realized volatilities," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Tim Bollerslev & Michael Gibson & Hao Zhou, 2007. "Dynamic Estimation of Volatility Risk Premia and Investor Risk Aversion from Option-Implied and Realized Volatilities," CREATES Research Papers 2007-16, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Nieto, Belén & Rubio, Gonzalo, 2011. "The volatility of consumption-based stochastic discount factors and economic cycles," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 2197-2216, September.
- Gurdip Bakshi & Nikunj Kapadia, 2003. "Delta-Hedged Gains and the Negative Market Volatility Risk Premium," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 527-566.
- Fousseni Chabi-Yo, 2012. "Pricing Kernels with Stochastic Skewness and Volatility Risk," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(3), pages 624-640, March.
- Amihud, Yakov, 2002. "Illiquidity and stock returns: cross-section and time-series effects," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 31-56, January.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7739 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marie Briere & Alexandre Burgues & Ombretta Signori, 2008.
"Volatility Exposure for Strategic Asset Allocation,"
Working Papers CEB
08-034.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Briere & Alexandre Burgues & Ombretta Signori, 2010. "Volatility exposure for strategic asset allocation," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/169642, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Campbell R. Harvey & Akhtar Siddique, 2000. "Conditional Skewness in Asset Pricing Tests," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(3), pages 1263-1295, June.
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- Ravi Bansal & Amir Yaron, 2004.
"Risks for the Long Run: A Potential Resolution of Asset Pricing Puzzles,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(4), pages 1481-1509, August.
- Ravi Bansal & Amir Yaron, 2000. "Risks for the Long Run: A Potential Resolution of Asset Pricing Puzzles," NBER Working Papers 8059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gurdip Bakshi & Dilip Madan, 2006. "A Theory of Volatility Spreads," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1945-1956, December.
- Leon, Angel & Rubio, Gonzalo & Serna, Gregorio, 2005. "Autoregresive conditional volatility, skewness and kurtosis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 599-618, September.
- Joost Driessen & Pascal J. Maenhout & Grigory Vilkov, 2009. "The Price of Correlation Risk: Evidence from Equity Options," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1377-1406, June.
- Itamar Drechsler & Amir Yaron, 2011. "What's Vol Got to Do with It," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(1), pages 1-45.
- Rubinstein, Mark E., 1973. "The Fundamental Theorem of Parameter-Preference Security Valuation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 61-69, January.
- George J. Jiang & Yisong S. Tian, 2005. "The Model-Free Implied Volatility and Its Information Content," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1305-1342.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Egloff, Daniel & Leippold, Markus & Wu, Liuren, 2010. "The Term Structure of Variance Swap Rates and Optimal Variance Swap Investments," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(05), pages 1279-1310, October.
- Joel Hasbrouck, 2009. "Trading Costs and Returns for U.S. Equities: Estimating Effective Costs from Daily Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(3), pages 1445-1477, June.
- Márquez, Elena & Nieto, Belén & Rubio, Gonzalo, 2014. "Stock returns with consumption and illiquidity risks," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 57-74.
- Reinhold Hafner & Martin Wallmeier, 2008. "Optimal investments in volatility," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 22(2), pages 147-167, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantinidi, Eirini & Skiadopoulos, George, 2016.
"How does the market variance risk premium vary over time? Evidence from S&P 500 variance swap investment returns,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 62-75.
- Eirini Konstantinidi & George Skiadopoulos, 2014. "How Does the Market Variance Risk Premium Vary over Time? Evidence from S&P 500 Variance Swap Investment Returns," Working Papers 732, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Juliusz Jablecki & Robert Slepaczuk & Ryszard Kokoszczynski & Pawel Sakowski & Piotr Wojcik, 2014. "Does historical VIX term structure contain valuable information for predicting VIX futures?," Dynamic Econometric Models, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 14, pages 5-28.
- Juliusz Jabłecki & Ryszard Kokoszczyński & Paweł Sakowski & Robert Ślepaczuk & Piotr Wójcik, 2014. "Does historical volatility term structure contain valuable in-formation for predicting volatility index futures?," Working Papers 2014-18, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
More about this item
KeywordsVariance risk premium; Non-normality; Economic risks; Hedging;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:54:y:2014:i:2:p:257-270. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.