The impact of bank failures on local bank pricing decisions
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-64, August.
- Wall, Larry D. & Peterson, David R., 1990.
"The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-99, August.
- Larry D. Wall & David R. Peterson, 1989. "The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 89-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Robert B. Avery & Gerald A. Hanweck, 1984. "A dynamic analysis of bank failures," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 74, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1991.
"Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium,"
NBER Working Papers
3754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1992. "Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 155-167, Winter.
- Genie D. Short & Kenneth J. Robinson, 1990. "Deposit insurance reform in the post-FIRREA environment: lessons from the Texas deposit market," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 90-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1994.
"Contagion and Bank Failures During the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic,"
NBER Working Papers
4934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Mason, Joseph R, 1997. "Contagion and Bank Failures during the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 863-83, December.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1995. "Contagion and bank failures during the Great Depression: the June 1932 Chicago banking panic," Proceedings 451, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1983. "Contagion Effects of Bank Failures: Evidence from Capital Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 305-22, July.
- Cook, Douglas O. & Spellman, Lewis J., 1991. "Federal financial guarantees and the occasional market pricing of default risk: Evidence from insured deposits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1113-1130, December.
- William R. Keeton, 1995. "Multi-office bank lending to small businesses: some new evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-57.
- Keeton, William R., 1995. "Multi-Office Bank Lending To Small Businesses: Some New Evidence," Proceedings: 1995 Regional Committee NC-207, October 16-17, 1995, Kansas City, Missouri 131493, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- R. Alton Gilbert, 1990. "Market discipline of bank risk: theory and evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-18.
- Paul S. Calem & Leonard I. Nakamura, 1995. "Branch banking and the geography of bank pricing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:40:y:2000:i:3:p:401-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.