The impact of bank failures on local bank pricing decisions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wall, Larry D. & Peterson, David R., 1990.
"The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-99, August.
- Larry D. Wall & David R. Peterson, 1989. "The effect of Continental Illinois' failure on the financial performance of other banks," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 89-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Genie D. Short & Kenneth J. Robinson, 1990. "Deposit insurance reform in the post-FIRREA environment: lessons from the Texas deposit market," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 90-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- William R. Keeton, 1995. "Multi-office bank lending to small businesses: some new evidence," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-57.
- Robert B. Avery & Gerald A. Hanweck, 1984. "A dynamic analysis of bank failures," Research Papers in Banking and Financial Economics 74, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul S. Calem & Leonard I. Nakamura, 1998.
"Branch Banking And The Geography Of Bank Pricing,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 600-610, November.
- Paul S. Calem & Leonard I. Nakamura, 1994. "Branch banking and the geography of bank pricing," Working Papers 94-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Paul S. Calem & Leonard I. Nakamura, 1995. "Branch banking and the geography of bank pricing," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-25, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1992.
"Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 155-167, Winter.
- John B. Shoven & Scott B. Smart & Joel Waldfogel, 1991. "Real Interest Rates and the Savings and Loan Crisis: The Moral Hazard Premium," NBER Working Papers 3754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-364, August.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Mason, Joseph R, 1997.
"Contagion and Bank Failures during the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(5), pages 863-883, December.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1994. "Contagion and Bank Failures During the Great Depression: The June 1932 Chicago Banking Panic," NBER Working Papers 4934, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 1995. "Contagion and bank failures during the Great Depression: the June 1932 Chicago banking panic," Proceedings 451, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1983. "Contagion Effects of Bank Failures: Evidence from Capital Markets," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56(3), pages 305-322, July.
- Flannery, Mark J, 1998. "Using Market Information in Prudential Bank Supervision: A Review of the U.S. Empirical Evidence," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 273-305, August.
- Cook, Douglas O. & Spellman, Lewis J., 1991. "Federal financial guarantees and the occasional market pricing of default risk: Evidence from insured deposits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 1113-1130, December.
- R. Alton Gilbert, 1990. "Market discipline of bank risk: theory and evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jan, pages 3-18.
- Keeton, William R., 1995. "Multi-Office Bank Lending To Small Businesses: Some New Evidence," Proceedings: 1995 Regional Committee NC-207, October 16-17, 1995, Kansas City, Missouri 131493, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghosh, Amit, 2017. "Do bank failures still matter in affecting regional economic activity?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 1-16.
- Jonathan Njoku, 2012. "Surveillance model of going concern in banking," African Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 40-76.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:40:y:2000:i:3:p:401-416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620167 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.