Quality supervision and coordination of logistic service supply chain under multi-period conditions
Quality supervision and coordination are critical in realising successful cooperation in the logistics service supply chain (LSSC). To build a closer partnership in the supply chain, collaboration in the LSSC presents multi-period features. Therefore, the study on the quality of decision-making problems under multi-period conditions in the LSSC is practical. Logistic service quality is not easy to measure. Hence, this paper proposes a multi-period quality coordination model based on the single-period quality coordination model in a two-echelon LSSC, and establishes a new model in a three-echelon LSSC when the logistics service integrator (LSI) is punished. Simulation results indicate that under multi-period cooperation conditions, the LSI tends to make rapid decisions when punishment intensity is below the critical value. Moreover, for the three-echelon LSSC, the final equilibrium between sub-LSI and ultimate FLSP is not associated with punishment intensity that the LSI sets against the sub-LSI.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xie, Gang & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, K.K., 2011. "Quality improvement in competing supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 262-270, November.
- Fynes, Brian & Voss, Chris & de Burca, Sean, 2005. "The impact of supply chain relationship quality on quality performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 339-354, June.
- Robinson, Carol J. & Malhotra, Manoj K., 2005. "Defining the concept of supply chain quality management and its relevance to academic and industrial practice," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 315-337, June.
- Lin, Chinho & Chow, Wing S. & Madu, Christian N. & Kuei, Chu-Hua & Pei Yu, Pei, 2005. "A structural equation model of supply chain quality management and organizational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 355-365, June.
- Jun Hu & Yulian Fei & Ertian Hua, 2011. "Research of Supply Quality Control and Optimization Under Multi-Period Dynamic Game," International Journal of Applied Logistics (IJAL), IGI Global, vol. 2(1), pages 85-93, January.
- Kashi R. Balachandran & Suresh Radhakrishnan, 2005. "Quality Implications of Warranties in a Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1266-1277, August.
- Franca, Rodrigo B. & Jones, Erick C. & Richards, Casey N. & Carlson, Jonathan P., 2010. "Multi-objective stochastic supply chain modeling to evaluate tradeoffs between profit and quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 292-299, October.
- Han, Jiqin & Trienekens, Jacques H. & (Onno) Omta, S.W.F., 2011. "Relationship and quality management in the Chinese pork supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 312-321, December.
- Hsieh, Chung-Chi & Liu, Yu-Te, 2010. "Quality investment and inspection policy in a supplier-manufacturer supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 717-729, May.
- Lai, Kee-hung & Cheng, T.C.E. & Yeung, A.C.L., 2005. "Relationship stability and supplier commitment to quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 397-410, June.
- Tapiero, Charles S., 2007. "Consumers risk and quality control in a collaborative supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(2), pages 683-694, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:142:y:2013:i:2:p:353-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.