Quality supervision and coordination of logistic service supply chain under multi-period conditions
Quality supervision and coordination are critical in realising successful cooperation in the logistics service supply chain (LSSC). To build a closer partnership in the supply chain, collaboration in the LSSC presents multi-period features. Therefore, the study on the quality of decision-making problems under multi-period conditions in the LSSC is practical. Logistic service quality is not easy to measure. Hence, this paper proposes a multi-period quality coordination model based on the single-period quality coordination model in a two-echelon LSSC, and establishes a new model in a three-echelon LSSC when the logistics service integrator (LSI) is punished. Simulation results indicate that under multi-period cooperation conditions, the LSI tends to make rapid decisions when punishment intensity is below the critical value. Moreover, for the three-echelon LSSC, the final equilibrium between sub-LSI and ultimate FLSP is not associated with punishment intensity that the LSI sets against the sub-LSI.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Han, Jiqin & Trienekens, Jacques H. & (Onno) Omta, S.W.F., 2011. "Relationship and quality management in the Chinese pork supply chain," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 312-321, December.
- Kashi R. Balachandran & Suresh Radhakrishnan, 2005. "Quality Implications of Warranties in a Supply Chain," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(8), pages 1266-1277, August.
- Lai, Kee-hung & Cheng, T.C.E. & Yeung, A.C.L., 2005. "Relationship stability and supplier commitment to quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 397-410, June.
- Lin, Chinho & Chow, Wing S. & Madu, Christian N. & Kuei, Chu-Hua & Pei Yu, Pei, 2005. "A structural equation model of supply chain quality management and organizational performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 355-365, June.
- Franca, Rodrigo B. & Jones, Erick C. & Richards, Casey N. & Carlson, Jonathan P., 2010. "Multi-objective stochastic supply chain modeling to evaluate tradeoffs between profit and quality," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 292-299, October.
- Fynes, Brian & Voss, Chris & de Burca, Sean, 2005. "The impact of supply chain relationship quality on quality performance," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 339-354, June.
- Hsieh, Chung-Chi & Liu, Yu-Te, 2010. "Quality investment and inspection policy in a supplier-manufacturer supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 202(3), pages 717-729, May.
- Robinson, Carol J. & Malhotra, Manoj K., 2005. "Defining the concept of supply chain quality management and its relevance to academic and industrial practice," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(3), pages 315-337, June.
- Tapiero, Charles S., 2007. "Consumers risk and quality control in a collaborative supply chain," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 182(2), pages 683-694, October.
- Xie, Gang & Wang, Shouyang & Lai, K.K., 2011. "Quality improvement in competing supply chains," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 262-270, November.
- Jun Hu & Yulian Fei & Ertian Hua, 2011. "Research of Supply Quality Control and Optimization Under Multi-Period Dynamic Game," International Journal of Applied Logistics (IJAL), IGI Global, vol. 2(1), pages 85-93, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:proeco:v:142:y:2013:i:2:p:353-361. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.